Homemade Deep Dish Pizza in a Cast Iron Skillet. Our Homemade Deep Dish Pizza Recipe has a rich buttery, crunchy crust and it's loaded with cheese, your favorite pizza toppings – I'm using Italian sausage. On this episode we make deep dish pizza in a cast iron pan. We use a homemade pizza sauce recipe from our previous pizza.
If you were to ask my husband, there would be no question that he would pick this as his favourite pizza. Oh sure, he eats my thin-crust prosciutto, goat cheese. Homemade deep dish pizza is easy to make with a large cast iron skillet! You can cook Homemade Deep Dish Pizza in a Cast Iron Skillet using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Deep Dish Pizza in a Cast Iron Skillet
- Prepare 2 cups of unbleached bread flour.
- It’s 1/4 package of cornbread mix.
- Prepare 1.5 tablespoons of active dry yeast.
- You need 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Garlic powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1-2 Cups of cheese (mozzarella).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Alfredo sauce (you can use any type of pizza/pasta sauce. thicker less watery sauces are best for crunchy crusts!).
- It’s 2-3 of spicy Italian sausages.
- You need 1 of Avocado.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
A simple Chicago-style Deep Dish pizza recipe ready in an hour. All you need is a cast iron skillet and some basic ingredients and you'll be whipping up a Chicago Style Deep Dish pizza in no time. You got a deep dish pizza on your hands. (Only be careful because the skillet will be hot and you may burn yourself three times in the process of cutting it, not that My one concern is using a knife or other metal utensils to cut and serve within said pan. Cast iron aficionados usually eschew metal use in a.
Homemade Deep Dish Pizza in a Cast Iron Skillet instructions
- Preparing the dough- Combine bread flour, cornbread mix, yeast, and seasonings (ground pepper, garlic powder, salt) to a large bowl and mix together evenly. Add water and mix until there is no flour left in the bowl and your dough is the proper texture. Cover and let sit for 8-12 hours (less if you use warm water).
- 2nd step for dough- Uncover the dough which has doubled in size, add your olive oil and mix it into the dough. Drizzle a handful of flour over the top, Mix the flour into the dough and let it rise for another 30 mins..
- Knead the dough on a well floured surface, being sure to fold the dough into itself adding flour along the way if it starts to get sticky. Then store the dough in the fridge overnight..
- Making the Pizza- Generously coat a deep skillet with olive oil and add your dough after it has thawed for 10+ minutes. Begin to shape the dough into the pan, eventually creating an inch high crust along the sides. Let it rise while preparing the rest of the ingredients..
- Preparing the toppings- Slice up your Italian sausages and microwave them wrapped in paper towel to remove some of the moisture. Cut avocados into slices and add to a bag with lime juice and shake them up..
- Assembling the pizza- First, add layer of cheese then slowly drip your sauce evenly over the cheese (it is harder to spread this way without displacing the cheese). Add your slices of sausage in a circular pattern, then add avocado slices between the sausage..
- Bake on 450 degrees farenheight for 20-30 minutes depending on the size/thickness of your pizza. Let it rest for 15 minutes before cutting into and enjoy!.
In today's video, we make deep dish cast iron pizza. This recipe took a lot of trial and error to perfect, but I've finally created my. Assembling and baking pan pizza using a cast iron skillet in place of an oven stone. So… yeah… we were a little confused as to how to actually interpret the result, but it's doesn't really matter because this pizza is If you want a Pizza Hut / Round Table type pizza, lightly coat the cast iron skillet with olive oil and DON'T pre-heat. Try this cast iron pizza recipe once, and you'll never make pizza any other way!