Spinach, Cheese and Bacon Crustless Quiche. I've been making this low carb crustless quiche for several years now. It's based on the original Dr. A quick and easy crustless spinach quiche recipe that uses eggs, spinach, onion, and Muenster cheese for the perfect quiche in less than an hour.
This flavorful crustless spinach quiche is easy to prepare and is made with fresh spinach leaves, shredded cheese, cooked bacon, and eggs. I love crustless quiches because they're easy to prepare and they make a delicious high protein meal. The ingredients in this flavorful spinach quiche. You can cook Spinach, Cheese and Bacon Crustless Quiche using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach, Cheese and Bacon Crustless Quiche
- It’s 6 oz of bacon cut into 1/2 " pieces.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion (about 1 small onion).
- It’s 1 of large or 2 small potatoes peeled.
- Prepare 2 cups of fresh baby spinach (about 4 oz) freshly chopped.
- Prepare 6 oz of grated cheddar cheese (about 1.5 cups shredded), divided.
- It’s 8 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of half and half or equal parts whipping cream and milk.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Tabasco sauce.
Add in cheese, onion/spinach mixture, and bacon. Butter a glass pie plate or quiche dish, pour mix in, and pat evenly with a fork. How to make Crustless Spinach and Cheese Quiche: You'll start by sautéing onions, spinach and garlic in a pan- just enough to cook No crust means a lot fewer carbohydrates will be in this quiche. You also might be gluten free, so baking a crustless quiche is a good option for those who have.
Spinach, Cheese and Bacon Crustless Quiche step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a pie dish with oil..
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and sauté the bacon for 6-8 minutes until browned. Transfer to a plate. Discard excess oil keeping 2-3 tablespoons in the pan. Using the same pan, sauté the onion for 2 minutes until softened..
- Meanwhile, grate potatoes on the large holes of a box grater. Use your hands to squeeze out as much water as you can from the potatoes. Then pat dry with paper towels..
- Once onions are softened, add the grated potato to the skillet with the onions. Sauté for 7 minutes, stirring a few times until potatoes are golden and nearly cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool slightly..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the 8 eggs, 1/2 cup of half and half and Tabasco sauce. Stir in the sautéed potatoes, chopped spinach and 1 cup of the cheese..
- Pour into the prepared pie dish. Sprinkle the top with bacon, then top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375°F for 40-45 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out fairly clean. Cool for a few minutes before serving..
Then I discovered "crustless quiche," and it changed my life forever. It never occurred to me to make a quiche without the crust, but once I tried it that way, I realized how little I miss Lydia uses chard and bacon, but you can substitute any leavy green or breakfast meat and get a different take on the dish. A quick & easy quiche using Gourmet Garden Chili Pepper, Dill and Garlic. Layer cooked bacon, cheeses, spinach and scallions in the crust-lined pie plate. Pour the egg mixture over the top.