Creamy Mushroom and Biltong Soup.
You can cook Creamy Mushroom and Biltong Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Mushroom and Biltong Soup
- You need of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s of red / yellow baby pepper finely diced.
- You need of small onion finely chopped.
- You need of crushed garlic.
- You need of punet button mushrooms.
- Prepare of mixed dried herbs.
- It’s of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- You need of fresh cream.
- You need of full cream / whole milk.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of chicken stock pot / cube.
- You need of biltong (I've used game biltong sliced- you may substitute with fried bacon bits).
Creamy Mushroom and Biltong Soup instructions
- Heat oil in a pan and add in onion and chopped pepper. Sauté until onion is translucent and pepper is soft then stir in garlic..
- Add in sliced mushrooms (cut in half then sliced).
- Sauté until cooked. Season with very little salt (stock will be added later), some freshly ground black pepper and mixed dried herbs..
- Mix in cream, milk,water and stock and allow to simmer for about 7 – 10 minutes..
- Before serving mix in biltong / bacon bits..
- Serve with garlic and chillie roastie or toasted garlic bread.