FRIED APPLES. A great Cracker Barrel copycat recipe! These southern fried apples are sweet and tart and the cinnamon aroma will leave your house smelling all warm and cozy and stuff! These fried apples are fresh apple wedges sauteed with butter, sugar and cinnamon until browned and tender.
Cinnamon Waffles with Fried Apples – Divamba. Ah…Fall…apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin…the list goes on and on! I will definitely miss the warm weather, but oh how I love to cook with Fall inspired. You can cook FRIED APPLES using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of FRIED APPLES
- Prepare of Dessert.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of light brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar chocolate coffee bean grinder.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 5 of Gala Apples.
I have grown up on these fried apples. As I got older and more health conscious, I began substituting apple juice for the butter. This Fried Apples recipe from Delish.com is the perfect campfire dessert. Forget Apple Pie, This Year It's All About FRIED APPLES.
FRIED APPLES instructions
- CUT THE GALA APPLES INTO CHUNKS OR WEDGES, YOUR CHOICE.
- IN A LARGE NON STICK COOKING PAN ADD THE 3 TABLESPOONS OF BUTTER THEN ADD THE APPLES. TOSS TO COAT ALL THE APPLES WITH BUTTER.
- ADD ALL THE INGREDIENTS TO THE APPLES.TOSS TO COAT.
- LET THE APPLES COOK FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES. THEN TURN THEM OFF..
- PLACE FRIED APPLES IN A BOWL ADD YOUR CHOICE OF ICE CREAM, I PREFER BUTTER PECAN OR YOU CAN EAT THIS WITH VANILLA GREEK YOGURT.
- YOU CAN ALSO TOAST SOME WALNUTS OR PECANS AND ADD TO THE APPLE MIXTURE.
Fried apples are a type of dish that is made by slicing apples, coating them in a breading, and then You'll find many recipes for fried apples. Some people do almost deep-fry these, but you typically. These fried apples are lightly spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg. Southern fried apples make a delicious side dish, condiment, or dessert. A simple recipe for Fried Apples!