General Tso Chicken Cutlets.
You can have General Tso Chicken Cutlets using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of General Tso Chicken Cutlets
- Prepare of cutlets.
- It’s 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- You need 1 tbsp of hot sauce (optional).
- You need 3 tbsp of corn starch.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of optional breading.
- Prepare of flour or bread crumbs (optional).
- You need of Tso sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chicken broth or water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- It’s 3 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of catsup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried ground ginger.
- Prepare of crushed red pepper (optional).
- You need of cooking.
- It’s of oil for pan frying.
General Tso Chicken Cutlets instructions
- Place each piece of chicken, one at a time, between plastic wrap. Pound to about 1/2 inch thick..
- Mix all the cutlet ingredients (first 5 after the chicken) except the chicken, together in a bowl large enough to hold all the chicken..
- Add the chicken cutlets to the the bowl, mix well. Set aside..
- Mix all tso sauce (every thing else but the oil and bread crumbs) ingredients. I used about 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper for a little heat. Adjust to your taste..
- Added enough oil to a skillet to come up about 1/4 – 1/3 way up the cutlets. Set on medium to medium-high heat..
- I use the cutlets as is, the corn starch coating gives it slight crunch, but if you desire a thicker breading, dredge in seasoned flour or coat with bread crumbs..
- Add cutlets to hot oil, fry until golden, flip, fry other side. Depending on your thickness, 2-4 minutes a side..
- Set each cooked cutlet out to drain..
- When all cutlets are fried, remove all but about a tablespoon of oil..
- Give the tso sauce one final stir, the add to the skillet. Bring to a boil, boil for about 1 minute, until thick. Turn heat down to medium – medium low..
- Adds cutlets back to skillet to warm back up and coat with the sauce..
- Serve with rice, noodles or a side of your choice (couscous shown here).
- Note – I am using both chicken breast and chicken thighs in these pictures..