Easy Chicken Quesadillas.
You can have Easy Chicken Quesadillas using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Quesadillas
- Prepare of filling.
- Prepare 8-12 of flour or corn tortillas based on size, 1 Tblspn canola oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of red onion diced.
- You need 1 of jalepeno, seeded, diced.
- It’s 1 of lg clove garlic minced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning.
- You need 1 (10 oz) of can diced tomato with green chilis, juices reserved.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of shredded cooked chicken.
- Prepare of juice of 1 large lime.
- You need 1 cup of large grated sharp cheddar.
- It’s 1 cup of crumbled queso fresco.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- It’s of cilantro cream salsa.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare of juice and zest of 1 lime.
- It’s of large handful cilantro leaves, chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of red chili flake.
- It’s to taste of salt.
Easy Chicken Quesadillas step by step
- Saute onion garlic and jalepeno in olive oil for a few minutes, add taco seasoning and stir to toast for 2-5 minutes until onions are semi translucent.
- Add drained diced tomato, stir. Add shredded chicken, stir until heated through. Add tomato juices as needed for moisture.
- Turn off heat on chicken mixture, cool completely. Stir in cheese. Salt to taste. Set aside..
- Blend all salsa ingredients and chill until ready to serve.
- On a medium high heat add enough canola oil to just coat a skillet or griddle.
- Place tortilla on skillet, top with chicken mixture leaving a 1/2 inch of room around edges for melting room, top with tortilla.
- Allow first side to crisp up and get golden, flip, repeat with remaining chicken mixture and tortillas.
- Allow each to cool a few minutes and slice in quarters with a pizza cutter. Enjoy with cilantro cream salsa, fresh lime wedges, and fresh chopped cilantro as a garnish.
- Side note. When using acids like lime juice always salt at the end to your preference to avoid over saltiness. Also all spicy heat (peppers and chiles) and seasoning elements can be adjusted to your preference in taste.
Going Green for Good Health By Eating Superfoods One of the best reasons for adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and revel in life. It is possible to do this, even in this fast-paced world we are in. We have to take a step back and fight diseases before they occur. Alas, just about people don’t concern themselves about their health as they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. No matter where you look, you hear about some magic pill that will instantly fix your latest problem. In reality, some of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. As soon as your body wears out, you can’t get a new one, like your car. You must take care of your body while you have the ability to do so. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to work at optimum levels. When you put food into your mouth, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or only eat anything tastes good at the time? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or purchase junk food at the local convenience store? Because people decide to consume foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. The foods we are eating are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. Individuals are becoming more and more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Healthy food is now readily available at local grocery and health food markets. Almost all grocery stores nowadays sell organic foods. There you will be able to find what science has named superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious health conditions. You will observe that you think more clearly when you begin to consume these superfoods. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how good you will soon feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to work. When this happens, your immune system will easily ward off diseases. You should include a number of superfoods in your diet everyday. To start, beans are excellent, and berries, especially blueberries. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Don’t forget whole cereals and nuts. Also, you have to have yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will help solve your weight gain problems. Green living provides you with a healthy diet plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body can potentially be free of disease. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits today.