White Bean Turkey Chili.
You can cook White Bean Turkey Chili using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of White Bean Turkey Chili
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil, divided.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of small yellow onion, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of jalapeño pepper, sliced.
- Prepare 1.5 lb. of ground turkey.
- You need 2 tbs. of flour.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 package of McCormick mix (chicken chili).
- You need 2-3 cup of vegetable stock.
- It’s 8 oz. of white mushrooms, quartered.
- You need 1 can (14.5 oz.) of chopped tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of “white” kidney beans, drained.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked dark turkey meat, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green onions, sliced thin.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare of Options:.
- You need 8 oz. of pasta shells, cooked.
- It’s 1/3 cup of shredded cheese (per bowl).
- You need of Dollop of sour cream (optional).
White Bean Turkey Chili instructions
- In a large pot, sauté the bell pepper in olive oil. Then add the onions and the jalapeno pepper and cook until all ingredients are soft and onions are translucent..
- Remove the sautéed vegetables from the pot, set aside, and add some olive oil. Add the ground turkey and cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Drain off any fat..
- Add the garlic, the McCormick mix, and flour to the turkey. Mix and heat for 2 minutes. Add 2 cups of stock and heat to a light boil..
- While heating, add the mushrooms, tomatoes, and white beans. Add back in the peppers and onions..
- When the mixture begins to slightly boil, reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook for 10-15 minutes. While cooking, add the green onions and the cilantro. Adjust for taste with seasonings..
- Add in chunks of leftover turkey meat and heat through. Add additional stock if needed..
- Looks like thick / chunky chili..
- Tip: I like to mound chili on top of cooked pasta shells in a bowl. Top with cheese and heat in a microwave for 40 seconds..
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One terrific feature of adopting a green lifestyle is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is attainable no matter how filled and frenzied your life is. We should take a step back and fix diseases before they happen. A lot of folks think nothing of mistreating their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. Wherever you look, you find out about some magic pill that will straightaway fix your latest problem. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old unhealthy habits. Unlike the car buying process, you cannot exchange your worn out body for a new one. You need to learn how to look after your health the soonest you can. Your body requires sufficient amounts of nutrients to operate at its most effective levels. Do you eat because food is available and you love what they taste or do you decided to eat healthy foods? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food place or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? Because people decide to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and a lot others, probably induced by the foods that are ingested. Men and women are becoming more and more concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. A lot of good food are now being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Almost all grocery stores these days sell organic foods. There you will be able to find what science has named superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been found to retard or reverse certain illnesses. By eating these foods, your body will more fit. You will begin to feel a whole lotso much better when you choose to eat the superfoods instead of junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will help it to run optimally. By doing this, your immune system will easily fight off diseases. You must include a few superfoods in your diet everyday. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, together with a variety of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Also, you may wish to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will eliminate your problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy great health as you choose to eat the green living way. You will find that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fight against disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.