Thai Green Curry. Whichever way you go, the one essential step to make a really great. A tutorial of this classic and famous Thai curry! This recipe is made with chicken, but you can also use pork, shrimp, beef, tofu, or any kind of protein.
It's full of Thai flavor and fresh vegetables. Green curry is a central Thai variety of curry. The name "green" curry derives from the color of the dish, which comes from green chillies. You can have Thai Green Curry using 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Green Curry
- It’s of green Curry paste-.
- It’s of lemongrass (if you don't have lemongrass,use lemon juice).
- Prepare of galangal chopped.
- Prepare of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of thai shallots(or green onion).
- You need of thai sweet basil.
- You need of coriander leaves.
- It’s of green chillies.
- It’s of Other ingredients:-.
- Prepare of tofu cut into cubes.
- You need of eggplant.
- Prepare of vegetable of your choice.
- Prepare of bamboo shoots.
- Prepare of brown sugar.
- It’s of coconut milk.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- You need of green beans trimmed.
- It’s of oil.
- Prepare of Kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s of vegetable stock.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of Cashews to garnish.
- It’s of Red chilli for garnish.
- Prepare of Basil leaves for garnish.
The "sweet" in the Thai name (wan means 'sweet') refers to the particular color green itself and not to the taste of the curry. Warming chilli and creamy coconut smothered veggies make for a satisfying supper. Thai green curry is the most famous Thai dishes outside Thailand. As the name implies, this Thai green curry recipe is prepared by using green chili, with a different flavor from the mature red chilies.
Thai Green Curry instructions
- Place all 'Green Curry Paste' ingredients in a food processor or blender, and add 1/3 glass coconut milk or enough to blend, blend it and make smooth paste..
- Heat a wok or deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle in oil and add2 tbsp green curry paste. Stir-fry until fragrant (about 2 minutes).Add stock plus lime leaves or bay leaves. When sauce comes to a gentle boil, reduce heat to medium-low or just until you get a nice simmer. Add all vegetables, Simmer 7-10 mins, or until all vegetable soft enough to pierce with a fork..
- Pour soy sauce, and add the whole kaffir lime leaves and sugar, stir well..
- Add tofu and bamboo shoots, stir and cook for 5 minutes. Then stir in green beans and bean shoots, cook for a further 2 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning to suit your taste..
- Serve with jasmine rice or plain rice..
For this Thai green curry recipe, I made it with chicken, which is one of the most common meats to make green curry with in Thailand. However, you could make this green curry recipe with any meat. Thai green curry is a variety of curry from Thailand using coconut milk and fresh green chillies. This recipe in particular is for those who are after something super simple, a quick to throw together meal. Home » Ethnic Recipes » Asian Recipes » Thai Green Curry with Vegetables.