Thai Green Curry. Whichever way you go, the one essential step to make a really great. A tutorial of this classic and famous Thai curry! This recipe is made with chicken, but you can also use pork, shrimp, beef, tofu, or any kind of protein.
It's full of Thai flavor and fresh vegetables. Green curry is a central Thai variety of curry. The name "green" curry derives from the color of the dish, which comes from green chillies. You can cook Thai Green Curry using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Green Curry
- You need of vegetable oil.
- You need of Thai green curry paste.
- It’s of soft dark brown sugar.
- It’s of chicken, cut into chunks.
- You need of kaffir lime leaves, torn into pieces.
- You need of coconut milk.
- It’s of Thai fish sauce or light soy sauce.
- You need of coriander.
- You need of lime, juice only.
The "sweet" in the Thai name (wan means 'sweet') refers to the particular color green itself and not to the taste of the curry. Warming chilli and creamy coconut smothered veggies make for a satisfying supper. Thai green curry is the most famous Thai dishes outside Thailand. As the name implies, this Thai green curry recipe is prepared by using green chili, with a different flavor from the mature red chilies.
Thai Green Curry step by step
- Heat the oil in a wok or pan. Add the green curry paste and sugar and cook over a fairly high heat for about a minute..
- Reduce the heat slightly and stir in the chicken pieces and lime leaves until coated in the paste..
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce/soy sauce and bring to a simmer, cooking for 30minutes until thickened slightly..
- Stir in the corriander and lime juice. Check for seasoning, adding more fish sauce/soy sauce if needed.
- The curry is best left to sit for a few minutes so the sauce becomes creamier.
For this Thai green curry recipe, I made it with chicken, which is one of the most common meats to make green curry with in Thailand. However, you could make this green curry recipe with any meat. Thai green curry is a variety of curry from Thailand using coconut milk and fresh green chillies. This recipe in particular is for those who are after something super simple, a quick to throw together meal. Home » Ethnic Recipes » Asian Recipes » Thai Green Curry with Vegetables.