Thai green chicken curry. To make the curry paste, peel, roughly chop and place the garlic, shallots and ginger into a food processor. Trim the lemongrass, remove the tough outer leaves, then finely chop and add to the processor. Thai Green Curry Chicken (Easy Recipe).
Make this with chicken or even entirely meat free. My deliciously rich and aromatic Thai green chicken curry recipe with homemade curry paste. I'll show you how to make it mild or spicy with a vibrant creamy sauce. You can cook Thai green chicken curry using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai green chicken curry
- It’s 2 of small-medium potatoes, cut into chunks.
- Prepare 100 grams of green beans.
- You need of Oil.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- It’s 1-2 of green chillies, slit.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Thai green curry.
- It’s 400 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 400 grams of chicken breast, cut into chunks.
- You need 1 of Zest of lime.
- It’s Handful of Basil leaves.
We used to buy a green (brown) curry paste that was relatively mild. I think it was the one made by Thai Taste. This easy green curry is made with chicken, coconut milk, fresh herbs, and lime. Few dishes are as satisfying as a freshly made green curry.
Thai green chicken curry step by step
- Boil potatoes for 5 minutes. Add green beans and cook for an additional 3 minutes. They should be tender but not too soft. Drain and set aside..
- In a wok, heat some oil and add garlic and chillies. Do not let it brown. Add the curry paste and stir for a few seconds. Pour in coconut milk and let it come to a bubble..
- Add fish sauce and balance with sugar. Then add chicken pieces. Turn down the heat to simmer and cook covered for about 8 minutes till the chicken is cooked..
- Stir the potatoes and beans in and add lime zest. Finish off by adding the basil. Serve hot with rice..
The curry paste itself, made here with fresh cilantro stems, lemongrass, shallot, chilies, and ginger, is a treat to inhale. Green curry is usually made with chicken or beef, but also with fish dumplings. Our recipe uses the classic addition of chicken and has all the easy instructions A perfect balance of salty, spicy, sweet, and sour, this aromatic Thai green curry is beautiful over jasmine rice, or for a fiber-rich dish, use. In this Thai green curry chicken recipe (แกงเขียวหวานไก่) you'll find step by step instructions about how to make authentic home style Thai green curry. We'll first pound the green curry paste by hand, clean and chop the chicken, and boil it with rich coconut cream.