White Chicken Chili. This White Chicken Chili is hearty, warming, creamy and perfectly comforting. It's a great alternative to traditional beef chili and makes a simple, yet completely delicious dinner! This easy White Chicken Chili is like a milder, calmer cousin to Texas beef chili.
Creamy with plenty of spice, it's the perfect companion on a chilly night! This White Chicken Chili is the perfect medley of hearty beans and chicken, with just a little bit of heat. How to make white chicken chili. You can cook White Chicken Chili using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of White Chicken Chili
- You need of green pepper.
- You need of sweet onion.
- It’s of garlic (chopped).
- You need of green chilis.
- You need of salt and pepper (to taste).
- Prepare of cayenne pepper.
- You need of butter.
- You need of boneless chicken breasts ( cubed).
- It’s of chicken broth.
- You need of package of great northern beans.
- You need of warm water.
Begin by combining half of the white beans in a food processor with one cup of the chicken broth. Process until you have a smooth purée. White Chicken Chili is the easy weeknight recipe you need from Delish.com. When we're craving something hearty and healthy, this chicken chili immediately jumps to mind.
White Chicken Chili step by step
- Prepare dry beans according to package directions. ( don't cook completely yet that's in step #4).
- In large stockpot, saute onion, green pepper, chili peppers, garlic and seasonings in butter til tender..
- Add chicken broth and chicken. Cook for 20 minutes on med-high heat..
- Add water and beans and simmer for 2 hours..
This White Chicken Chili is the perfect medley of hearty beans and chicken, with just a little bit of heat. This white chicken chili recipe uses cannellini beans and diced chicken breasts in a chicken broth base. After sharing a new recipe for easy (red) chicken chili, I thought I would circle. White chiili is red chili's creamier, smokier, more chicken-y cousin made with white beans. [Photographs: J. Some white chili is soupy and creamy, with chunks of chickens and beans.