Seafood Paella. Heat the oil in a large paella pan or an extra-large frying pan. Brown the monkfish for a few mins each side, then remove and set aside. Discover the secret of a perfect Spanish seafood paella recipe!
See how to make seafood paella, the traditional Spanish rice dish that's loaded with fresh seafood, including shrimp, clams, and calamari. Seafood Paella is the most popular of the Paellas. Its large quantity of mollusks and crustaceans make it very tasty and full of Today adding meats and vegetables to seafood paella has become common. You can have Seafood Paella using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Seafood Paella
- Prepare 250 g of kingklip fillet.
- You need 300 g of calamari rings.
- It’s 300 g of mussel meat.
- It’s 300 g of king prawns.
- Prepare 1 of red onion – finely chopped.
- You need 1 tin of chopped tomato.
- It’s 50 ml of tomato paste.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic finely minced.
- You need 1 of thumb size ginger – grated.
- Prepare Pinch of saffron.
- Prepare 2 cups of basmati rice.
- You need 1 cup of hot water.
- You need 3 cups of cold water.
- You need 1 cup of baby peas.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper – sliced.
- Prepare of To serve- parsley and lemon wedges.
Seafood fans will love this celebration of the sea's bounty – with delicious monkfish, squid, clams and mussels. I cooked my seafood paella in a typical paella pan, but you can always use a large frying pan if you don´t have a paella pan, but I do recommend a paella pan. Paella is a Spanish rice dish originally from Valencia. Paella is one of the best-known dishes in Spanish cuisine.
Seafood Paella instructions
- Heat olive oil and fry kingklip in small batches for 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Fry calamari in same pan for 5 minutes and remove.
- Fry onion, garlic and ginger until fragrant in 1 Tbls ghee.
- Add tin of tomatoes and tomato paste and reduce for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Meanwhile add a pinch of saffron to 1 cup hot water and steep for 10minutes.
- Add rice to tomatoes sauce and braise for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Strain saffron and add infused water to tomatoes and rice mixture together with 3 cups cold water. Bring to the boil.
- Return precooked fish and calamari to the pan.
- Add mussel meat, peas and red pepper and simmer with lid closed until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Place prawns on top of rice and steam for 10 minutes until cooked.
- Serve with parsley and lemon wedges.
For this reason, many non-Spaniards view it as Spain's national dish. What beats paella for a romantic night in? Prepare it together as a couple then sit down to enjoy it followed by dessert and a great movie. Felicity Cloake's masterclass It may not be the traditional Valencian way, but follow these steps for a surefire crowdpleaser. Seafood Paella made with Calasparra rice, tiger shrimp, squid, littleneck clams, and mussels with garlic and parsley paste and saffron.