Opor Ayam from Padang (Chicken Braised in Coconut Milk)😍🍉🍌🍜.
You can have Opor Ayam from Padang (Chicken Braised in Coconut Milk)😍🍉🍌🍜 using 35 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Opor Ayam from Padang (Chicken Braised in Coconut Milk)😍🍉🍌🍜
- It’s 1 of whole Chicken, 1.5 kg cut into 8 pieces. Wash.
- Prepare 600 ml of (thin) & 300ml (thick, concentrated) can Coconut Cream.
- It’s 600 ml of Water boiled from the kettle: as needed.
- Prepare 2 tbs of Rice Bran oil, Alfa one brand.
- You need 3 cm of fresh Kencur or 1/2 tsp ground Kencur.
- It’s 3 cm of fresh Ginger peeled, slice thinly.
- You need 1 cm of fresh Turmeric,skin on slice thickly (1/2 tsp ground curry).
- You need 3 of Candle nuts/Macadamia (Kemiri).
- Prepare 1 of Lemongrass stalks, split in half, crushed on the white part.
- You need of (see the image).
- It’s 3 of Bay leaves (daun Salam).
- It’s 4 of Kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 1 of Curry leaves (daun kunyit).
- Prepare 2 tbs of soft Brown sugar as needed.
- Prepare 1 tbs of bouillon Chicken powder.
- Prepare 6 of Eggs (boiled 6' in salted water& peeled in cold water tap).
- You need 3 of medium Potatoes, peeled & cut in chunks size, then put.
- You need of on a double pot: steam for 19 minutes.
- It’s 2 of cakes Bean Curds (Tahu), sliced, fried in hot oil until brown.
- You need 1/2 cup of Melinjo fruits.
- You need 10 of shallots, slice thickly.
- You need 6 cloves of Garlic, slice thickly.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground Coriander.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground Nutmeg.
- It’s 10 of fresh red Chilies(leave 2 whole chillies whole as decorative).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper ground (mild hot).
- It’s 1 tbs of bouillon Chicken.
- You need 2 tsp of Salt as needed.
- It’s 1 tbs of Black pepper grinded.
- You need of Kerupuk Emping 1 bag,bought raw from Asian market.Fry in hot oil.
- It’s 1 handful of fried Onions, to sprinkle on top of serving dish.
- It’s of Jasmine rice cook in Rice Cooker or.
- You need 6 of Ketupat rice cakes (from Asian supermarket)cut in rough pieces.
- Prepare of (see images).
- Prepare of Decorate: put 2 Basil leaves (or 2 stalks Coriander leaves).
Opor Ayam from Padang (Chicken Braised in Coconut Milk)😍🍉🍌🍜 step by step
- The spicy paste has to be fried first in a wok with 3 tbs hot oil:put shallots,garlic,ginger,galangal,turmeric,lemongrass,kencur, candle nuts,coriander,red chilies.Stir to fry untill well cooked (!) emanating aroma-fragrance! Remove. Put the fried spicy into blender, blend it until a smooth paste. Remove..
- In a wok on medium heat put 4 cups water, thin coconut cream, the spicy paste, chicken pieces, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves,curry leaves, lemongrass, nutmeg,melinjo fruits, chicken stock powder, ground cayenne pepper, salt: stir to fry & mix. Keep stirring to avoid the coconut cream split, until the chicken is halfway cooked..
- Then add the rest the thick coconut cream while still stirring,add the cooked potatoes, prefried sliced bean curds,boiled eggs,sugar. Add more salt & more water if needed..
- When the casserole starting to boil, turn down the temp and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked completely. Turn off, remove the wok. Transfer Opor Ayam onto a deep large rectangular glass dish. Sprinkle on top with dried fried Onions, decorate with 2 Basil leaves. To serve with steamed Jasmine Rice or Ketupat cakes. Side dish: crunchy cracker Kerupuk emping..
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One of the strongest points of adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and enjoy life. This is doable no matter how busy and hectic your life is. We must get back to where it was a better idea to prevent disease in the first place. Regrettably, just about people don’t trouble themselves about their health since they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. Wherever you look, you hear about some magic pill that will straightaway fix your latest problem. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make a few necessary modifications in your life. Unlike the car buying process, you can’t exchange your exhausted body for a new one. You mustn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take care of your body. Proper nutrition is important for your body to work at top levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what goes into your mouth is good for you? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food joint or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and greasy food that almost all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many others, possibly triggered by the foods that are eaten. People are becoming more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food markets. Today, you can find an organic food area in almost all grocery stores. This food section is filled with what are now known as superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious health conditions. You will observe that you think more clearly when you start to ingest these superfoods. You will start to feel a whole lotso much better when you choose to consume the superfoods in place of junk food. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to work. As a result, your immune system will easily ward off health conditions. Your daily diet should contain at least a few of these super foods. Why not eat some beans or blueberries? Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Add in whole food grains and nuts. Also, you may wish to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. Green living provides you with a good diet plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. You will see that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits right now.