Paella Mixta de la tía Ana María.
You can cook Paella Mixta de la tía Ana María using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Paella Mixta de la tía Ana María
- Prepare of Fish stock.
- It’s Head of a fish.
- You need 1 of large onion cut in 4.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 10 g of salt.
- It’s 2 L of water.
- Prepare of For the rice.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need 500 g of paella rice or similar, risotto is also great.
- Prepare 5 of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 200 g of chorizo.
- You need 100 g of prawns.
- It’s 100 g of squid sliced.
- Prepare 100 g of mussels (the shells on makes it tastier and looks nice).
- It’s 1 of sliced red pepper.
- You need 0.4 g of saffron.
- You need 50 g of green peas.
Paella Mixta de la tía Ana María instructions
- First, you have to prepare the fish stock. Fry the onions in 2 TBSP of vegetable oil, add the head of the fish, the water, salt and bay leaf. Put the lid on and let the head cook for about 10 minutes. Once it's ready, switch off the hob and start with the paella..
- In a pestle and mortar, grind the saffron until it becomes a powder. It has to be really dry for it to become a powder, some people put it in the microwave but I've never done that, I keep it in a sealed, dry container until the minute I grind it. Now, with the powder, add half a cup of cold water and leave it to rest for now..
- To make sure your paella cooks well, the fire has to be well distributed all around the bottom of the pan..
- In the paella pan, pour 2 TBSP of olive oil, fry the garlic and once it is golden, remove it and set aside..
- Add the chorizo, let it release the fat and the beautiful red colour into the oil then add the chicken. Once the chorizo is done, remove it and set aside with the garlic. Add the red pepper, brown the chicken on both sides, then remove both and set aside..
- Add the seafood and the rice together. Mix it well and start putting everything back into the pan again. The garlic first, then the chorizo. Stir it well, add the saffron and make sure you used it all by putting some of the stock in the pestle and mortar to remove any remaining bit. Mix it all very well then even out the rice. Place the chicken, one piece on each section of the pan..
- Add the red pepper and the peas. Finally pour the stock carefully with a soup ladle, don't pour it all at once and do not mix it anymore. You must stay beside the paella while it cooks to make sure it won't get too dry, add more stock if needed, you might not use it all so can always freeze it. It takes around 20 minutes for the rice to cook. Meanwhile, grab yourself some sangria and enjoy the cooking!.