Healthy Oatmeal Date Cookies. Free of any added sugar, made with nothing but wholesome ingredients, these Healthy Oatmeal Cookies are so good for you, you could almost think of them as a bowl of oatmeal in a portable form… perfect for those busy mornings or for a quick snack on the go! Here's another recipe that I'd initially. They're healthy oatmeal cookies that taste like your favourite oatmeal raisin cookies – but they're refined sugar free, gluten free, and will These Healthy Oatmeal Cookies are great for customising.
Sweet Potato Oatmeal Cookies, Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies, Grandmother's Oatmeal Cookies. vanilla extract, rolled oats, ground cinnamon, bananas, dates. Banana + Date Oatmeal CookiesDishing Up the Dirt. pure maple syrup, mashed. Healthier cookies can be tricky to figure out, and this one was no exception. You can have Healthy Oatmeal Date Cookies using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy Oatmeal Date Cookies
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar plus some for coating.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour/maida.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped dates.
It went through rounds and rounds of testing. But we're proud to say that what we landed on is a really good COOKIE—not a granola bar that's just shaped like one. So what makes this one "healthy"? Healthy oatmeal cookies made with fiber-rich oats, coconut oil and applesauce instead of butter and coconut sugar.
Healthy Oatmeal Date Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Centigrade. Gather all the ingredients..
- In a large bowl, mix oil, vanilla, sugar and egg..
- Beat well with a hand beater till well mixed..
- Stir in the flours, soda and salt..
- Add the oats and chopped dates..
- Gently, mix with a spoon or better yet with clean hands (nature’s best tool!!) to form a smooth dough..
- Place some granulated sugar in a bowl. Make small balls of the dough and roll in the sugar..
- Place the rolled dough about 2 inches apart on a lightly greased pan. Press each ball flat..
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes till slightly golden..
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks..
- Bite into heavenly, chewy healthy oatmeal date cookies and enjoy them with your evening chai/coffee!! Store leftovers in airtight containers. Enjoy!!!.
- For an eggless version, substitute the single egg with a flax seed substitute. Just soak 1 tbsp flax seed powder in 3 tbsp of water for about 5 minutes and then use in the place of egg. #oats.
This recipe came from an estate sale. The BEST recipe for healthy oatmeal raisin cookies you'll ever make! Soft, chewy & so easy to make! They taste SO good – not healthy at all! Instant oats are smaller and thinner than traditional old-fashioned rolled oats.