Zucchini Lasagna w/ Rosemary & Goat Cheese. Zucchini lasagna is a fresh take on a classic comfort food dish. It's loaded with veggies, but still has the rich flavors and scrumptious texture of a. Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups – Swap out the lasagna noodles for zucchini – it's LOW CARB and you won't miss the noodles at all!
It's loaded with veggies, but still has the rich flavors and scrumptious texture of a traditional lasagna. Top it off with some grated parmesan cheese and basil leaves, and you'll have the perfect weeknight meal for the whole family. Zucchini Lasagna is a delicious, low-carb, wheat-free and gluten-free lasagna that's loaded with vegetables, it's SOOO good you won't miss the pasta! You can cook Zucchini Lasagna w/ Rosemary & Goat Cheese using 18 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Lasagna w/ Rosemary & Goat Cheese
- Prepare 8 medium of to large sized zucchini.
- You need 3/4 oz of rosemary; minced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of thyme; minced.
- You need 8 oz of goat cheese.
- It’s 6 oz of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 5 oz of shredded parmesan.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- You need 6 oz of baby spinach.
- It’s 1/2 of spanish onion; minced.
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic; minced.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 dash of nutmeg.
- You need 8 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 box of lasagna noodles; cooked.
- It’s 1 of olive oil; as needed.
- It’s 1 of kosher salt and freshly cracked peppercorn melange.
Start by cutting the zucchini ribbons which replace the noodles in this dish. You will need a mandolin (affiliate link) fitted with adjustable thickness. This lasagna uses zucchini in place of pasta thereby reducing calories. This zucchini lasagna recipe uses zucchini two ways!
Zucchini Lasagna w/ Rosemary & Goat Cheese step by step
- Heat butter on medium-low heat in a sauce pot. When butter browns, add onions with a pinch of salt and pepper..
- Add a pinch of the thyme and rosemary..
- Sweat for two minutes before adding garlic..
- Heat heavy cream in a seperate sauce pot..
- When garlic is fragrant and onions are caramelized, add flour one tablespoon at a time, while stirring. Cook for 1-2 minutes to cook out flour taste..
- Slowly add warm cream to the onion mixture while whisking..
- Add herbs, grated parmesan, and dried spices. Whisk to incorporate. Add bay leaf..
- Allow sauce to reduce on medium-low heat while zucchini cooks..
- Trim ends of zucchini. Slice in fourths lengthwise. This is easiest to do by keeping a sharp chefs knife parallel to the cutting board while slicing..
- Toss with oil in a large mixing bowl or simply drizzle over the top. Season with salt and pepper. Bake at 400° for approximately 10-15 minutes or until zucchini is caramelized and tender..
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Discard bay leaf. Ladle enough sauce to cover the bottom. Cover with lasagna noodles. Layer zucchini over the noodles. Sprinkle 1/3 of the shredded parmesan and goat cheese. Ladle enough sauce to cover..
- Layer noodles. Top with all the spinach. Spread out and press down firmly. Sprinkle 1/3 of the shredded parmesan and goat cheese on top. Ladle enough sauce to cover..
- Cover with noodles. Spread out remaining zucchini. Top with remaining shredded parmesan and goat cheese. Ladle enough sauce to cover..
- Cover with noodles. Ladle enough sauce to cover. Top with shredded mozzarella..
- Tip: Combine spinach and second layer of zucchini together if your casserole dish is not tall enough..
- Cover and bake 15 minutes at 350°. Uncover and bake approximately another 5-10 minutes until cheese is golden brown and bubbly..
- Garnish with parsley and grated parmesan..
- Variations; Ricotta, lemon, shallots, caramelized onions, squash, sweet potatoes, celery, carrots, cream cheese, celery root, potatoes, sage, basil, grilled veggies, bacon, prosciutto, arugala, "oven ready" noodles.
Zucchini is blended into the creamy filling This is no ordinary zucchini lasagna recipe! Of course, it's vegetarian, so you won't find any meat My boyfriend and I enjoy this with a salad, some fresh rosemary bread and wine. This Zucchini Lattice Lasagna from Delish.com is the best! This zucchini lattice lasagna is the perfect way to lighten up the classic dish for summer. Pro tip: Zucchini releases a good amount of water, so we like to dab it with a paper towel when the lasagna is done cooking, and then broil until.