Twice Baked Potatoes with Goat Cheese, Carmalized Onions and Bacon. Place the potato halves, cut side up, onto a baking tray. Spoon a little mash back into each potato shell, then top with a. While the potatoes are baking, begin preparing the filling.
Brilliant Potatoes With Paprika and Caramelized Onions. Would you like some potato to go with that cheese and bacon? And those must be some massive potatoes, to. You can cook Twice Baked Potatoes with Goat Cheese, Carmalized Onions and Bacon using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Twice Baked Potatoes with Goat Cheese, Carmalized Onions and Bacon
- It’s 2 large of baking potatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt (1/2 tsp per potato).
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced red onion.
- Prepare 2 tsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dry sherry or white wine.
- You need 8 slice of bacon, cooked and chopped or crumbled.
- You need 4 oz of goat cheese, softened.
- It’s 6 tbsp of butter, divided.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of thyme.
- Prepare 2 tsp of parsley.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Twice-Baked Potato Halves: After the first bake, halve the potatoes lengthwise. Scoop the flesh out of both halves. A rustic potato galette that consists of a flaky pie crust enveloping thinly sliced potatoes, caramelized onions and bacon.
Twice Baked Potatoes with Goat Cheese, Carmalized Onions and Bacon step by step
- Preheat oven to 400º..
- On a piece of foil, place baked potato and pierce several times with a fork to vent steam while cooking. Add olive oil and sea salt to coat each potato. Rub to coat the entire potato. Wrap in foil and bake for 1 hour until fork tender..
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in a medium pan with onions and sugar. Saute for 10-12 minutes until carmalized. Add sherry/wine and stir onions while scrapping up loose bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until liquid is evaporated..
- In a small bowl add bacon, goat cheese, carmalized onions, thyme, salt & pepper. Mix well. Set aside..
- Once potatoes are cooked and cooled, cut out the center of each potato. Scoop all of the potato from the center and place in a large bowl..
- To the potato pulp, add heavy cream, salt & pepper, parsley and the other 3 tbsp.of butter.Mix well with a mixer to blend until potatoes are creamy and seasonings are well combined..
- Fill potato skins up with mashed potatoes just creamed..
- Add carmalized onion mixture to the top of potatoes and broil until cheese is melted and topping is golden brown. Enjoy!.
Yes, I am perfectly aware of my baking limitations. The good news: this potato galette might look homemade (as opposed to looking like it was made by a famous french pastry chef). These Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes are stuffed to the brim with tender potatoes, cheddar Scrub the potatoes with a clean sponge to remove any dirt, then pierce them several times with a fork. The green onions you can add into the potato mixture or just on top after they're baked. Try this tasty recipe for twice baked potatoes with cheese.