Homemade French Baguettes. How to easily make traditional French Baguettes at home. How French Baguettes Are Made In Paris Punch down the dough and divide it in half.
Shape the French Baguettes: Transfer dough onto a lightly floured surface. Store in a brown paper bag at room temperature. How to Make Homemade French Baguettes. You can have Homemade French Baguettes using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade French Baguettes
- Prepare 2 envelopes of dry active yeast (1-1/2 tablespoons).
- Prepare 2 tbls of honey.
- You need 3-1/2 of to 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting.
- It’s 1/2 cups of warm water for yeast, 1-cup for dough.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Canola oil, for greasing bowl.
- Prepare of Cornmeal, for dusting (optional).
- It’s 3-4 of ice cubes.
- It’s of Add your favorite toppings.
You will be very excited to learn how to make French Baguettes at home. The process is much easier than. Yes, you can make real French-style baguettes at home in your own kitchen. Chef John tells all the secrets in this fun recipe.
Homemade French Baguettes instructions
- Combine the honey, yeast and 1/2 cup warm water. Stir to combine and let the mixture stand until the yeast is activated and begins to foam, about 5-minutes..
- Mix the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl with a dough hook (or my hand) and slowly add in the yeast mixture. Gradually add 1 cup warm water and mix until the dough comes together into a ball that is not too wet (you may not need all of the water). If the dough is sticky, add a little bit more flour..
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, 2 to 6 minutes. You can do the thumbprint test: press in the dough with your thumb and it should bounce back when it's ready..
- Form the dough into a ball, place it in a lightly-oiled bowl and cover with a dishcloth, so it doesn't dry out. Let rest in a warm environment until doubled in size, 25 to 30 minutes..
- Punch down the dough and divide it in half. Shape into 2 baguettes by making a flat rectangle out of your dough, then folding the top and bottom towards the middle, like an envelope, and sealing the seam with your fingers. Keep repeating the folding and sealing, stretching the rectangle lengthwise as you go, until it's about 12 to 14 inches long and 2 inches wide. Fold and seal either end to round. Flip seam-side down and place on a sheet pan or baguette pan that has been dusted with cornmeal..
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and position your oven racks with one on the bottom and the other in the middle. Place an oven-safe (non-glass) bowl or pan on the bottom rack..
- When your bread has doubled for the second time, remove the towel and quickly and simultaneously, slide the sheet tray with the baguettes onto the middle rack while carefully throwing the ice cubes into the bowl on the bottom rack. The ice will create a burst of steam (be careful of the glass in the door) that will give you a nice crispy crust. Quickly shut the oven door so no steam escapes. Bake the baguettes until golden brown, 15 minutes..
These Homemade French Baguettes are even more delicious with creamy, rich Finlandia butter spread on them! The perfect baguette requires just four ingredients and a weekend at home. This is the most Still, most of us shy away from making baguettes at home because of the time commitment and the long. Home » Whole Food Recipes » Homemade Bread Recipes » Tutorial: Simple French Baguettes Recipe – The Bread You Can't Stop Eating. French Baguette Recipe, How to Make French Baguette