Tomato and Basil Bruschetta. Tasty Salad Recipes You Can Make At Home. Surprise Friends and Family With Our Delicious Recipes! It's just a mixture of chopped tomatoes, balsamic, basil, and garlic, spooned over olive-oil brushed slices of toasted baguette or rustic bread.
The only rule is that whatever goes on top of a bruschetta should be nice and fresh and cooked with care. DIRECTIONS Whisk together chopped garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, and basil. When combined slowly drizzle in oil. You can have Tomato and Basil Bruschetta using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
- You need 7 of Small tomatoes (bigger than a cherry tomato).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Basil.
- You need 3 tbsp of Vegetable oil (you can use healthier oil).
- You need 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of French baguette.
- You need 1 of Grated cheddar cheese.
It's peak tomato season, which means it's also bruschetta season! By bruschetta, I mean the Americanized version of authentic Italian bruschetta, featuring ripe red tomatoes, basil and garlic on golden, toasted French bread. That's the only way I've known bruschetta to be. Bruschetta is an easy Italian appetizer made with bread that is grilled then rubbed with cloves of garlic.
Tomato and Basil Bruschetta instructions
- Dice tomatoes and put on a bowl. Chop basil in bits. Add to the bowl..
- Finely cut garlic and then add to the bowl. Add the onion as well..
- Add the oil and seasonings. Mix well and then set aside..
- Cut the baguette into almost 1in sideways so that you can put more of the mixture..
- Toast the sliced bread until golden brown and then spoon the mixture on top. You can sprinkle cheese if you want because I want mine with cheese..
- Eat it while it's hot! Some like it cold. If so, refrigirate for a few hours. Enjoy!.
It is often topped with olive oil, juicy and bright tomatoes, and fresh basil leaves. Nothing says summer more than a tomato Bruschetta! The sweet and juicy chopped tomato mixture is combined with savory aromatics, basil leaves, and tangy balsamic vinegar. It's an easy Italian appetizer to prepare for a casual dinner or a big celebration. When fresh tomatoes are ripe and juicy, chop them up for a classic Italian bruschetta.