Chewy Burdock Toast. Burdock kinpira is a simple and homey dish—its richness makes it a welcome complement to meals served with rice. Strips of burdock are stir-fried in oil or fat, then simmered until softened. Did you know that drinking burdock tea or burdock root tea, as you may call it, is an easy Drinking burdock tea can remove heavy metal from your body.
Beloved in Japan, burdock is a long, slender root vegetable that resembles a stick. If you can't find burdock, try this recipe with raw beets, jicama, or daikon radish grated or cut into small, thin sticks. Burdock root is a vegetable that's native to northern Asia and Europe. You can cook Chewy Burdock Toast using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chewy Burdock Toast
- You need 6 of cm French baguette.
- Prepare 30 grams of Burdock root.
- You need 10 grams of Nuts such as walnuts.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 dash of Margarine or butter.
- Prepare 1 of use as much (to taste) Easy melting cheese.
- You need 1 of (Vinegar for soaking).
Burdock root has been used for centuries in holistic medicine to treat a variety of different conditions. Treat yourself to the ultimate sweet treat – chewy toffee. Toffees aren't hard to make, but remember to be careful when you're dealing with very hot sugar. Burdock root tea—also called burdock tea—is an herbal tea made from the root of the burdock plant.
Chewy Burdock Toast instructions
- If using thin burdock, simply cut slices, but if you're using a thick burdock, first cut it lengthwise in half or fourths, then chop. Let soak in vinegar water..
- Drain the burdock and lightly rinse with water. Put into a heatproof bowl with 2 tablespoons of water and smooth the surface of the ingredients. Wrap the bowl with plastic wrap and heat in a microwave at 600 W for 2 minutes..
- Check the hardness of the burdock. If it's too hard, heat some more. Put onto a paper towel to drain..
- If using large nuts, cut into easy-to-eat chunks. Mix together with the burdock root, mayonnaise, salt and pepper..
- Cut two slices of bread (each slice should be about 2-3 cm thick) and lightly spread butter or margarine on the surface. Top with the mixture from Step 4 and the cheese..
- Toast in a toaster oven until the tops are toasted. Enjoy!.
Long used in Chinese medicine, some herbal medicine specialists believe that the drink can improve. Arctium is a genus of biennial plants commonly known as burdock, family Asteraceae. Native to Europe and Asia, several species have been widely introduced worldwide. Can you eat burdock root raw? Is burdock root safe for dogs?