Mussels in Ginger Broth – quick & easy Filipino Nilagang Tahong.
You can have Mussels in Ginger Broth – quick & easy Filipino Nilagang Tahong using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mussels in Ginger Broth – quick & easy Filipino Nilagang Tahong
- It’s 500 g of mussels, cleaned well.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of Cooking oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion, coarsely chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped.
- It’s 1 knob of (1-2 inch size) ginger, sliced.
- Prepare 3-5 drops of fish sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s of Water.
- You need 1 of green chili, whole (optional).
- You need 1 stalk of Green Onions, chopped (optional).
- Prepare 1 of tomato (optional, gives different taste).
- You need 1 handful of spinach or hot pepper leaves (optional).
Mussels in Ginger Broth – quick & easy Filipino Nilagang Tahong step by step
- Remove beard and clean mussels well with a toothbrush under running water..
- In a pot, heat oil and sauté the onions, garlic and ginger. Add tomato if desired, I prefer none to keep the sea taste in the soup. Mash in pot..
- Once onions are translucent, place 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, drop in mussels, add enough water to reach the mussels on top of the pot (water would depend on your pot size. Less water = more flavour). Season with drops of fish sauce. Sprinkle some fresh ground pepper. Cover..
- Simmer until shells open. Remove any scum rising to the top. Taste and adjust according to desired saltiness and ginger spiciness- use fish sauce, salt, pepper, drop in chili, if desired, add more ginger if needed. Simmer 3 minutes more..
- Discard shells that did not open. These were dead when they were bought, and unsafe to eat..
- Add spinach or pepper leaves if desired. (None added in photo) Garnish with chopped green onions. Stir. Turn off heat and cover to cook leaves in residual heat. Serve and enjoy..
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health One great thing about adopting a green lifestyle is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this fast-paced world we are living in. We should get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. Regrettably, just about people don’t concern themselves about their health because they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. You can’t turn around without hearing about the newest pill to deal with your health problems. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make some essential modifications in your life. Unlike the car buying process, you can’t trade in your exhausted body for a new one. You should learn how to take care of your health before it is too late. Your body cannot run correctly if it fails to have proper nutrition. When you put food into your mouth, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or simply eat anything tastes good at the time? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food place or purchase junk food at the local convenience store? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and greasy food that almost all people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. The things we are eating are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. Individuals are becoming more and more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. A lot of healthy food can now be being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Today, you can find an organic food aisle in just about all grocery stores. In this section of the store, you’ll see the superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to retard a number of diseases, or even reverse them. Consuming these foods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how well you will soon feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to run. When this happens, it will enable your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. See to it that you incorporate these superfoods into your diet. Why not add some beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Don’t forget whole cereals and nuts. Also, you may wish to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will help solve your weight problems. You will enjoy good health as you opt to eat the green living way. You will discover that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to ward off disease. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.