Tex's Killer Oven-Baked Club Sub 🐷🐔🍞.
You can have Tex's Killer Oven-Baked Club Sub 🐷🐔🍞 using 11 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tex's Killer Oven-Baked Club Sub 🐷🐔🍞
- It’s 1 of sub roll, large hot dog roll, baguette, or even a ciabatta bun.
- It’s to taste of chunks of roast chicken 🍗.
- It’s to taste of Swiss cheese (I'm using mature cheddar because I'm out.
- Prepare 2-3 slices of smoked bacon (optional) 🐖.
- Prepare 3 slices of Honey roast ham 🍖.
- It’s to taste of torn lettuce (your preference, I'm using iceberg) 🍈.
- You need 1 of sliced or chopped (deseeded) vine ripened tomato 🍅.
- It’s to taste of Thousand Island dressing.
- Prepare to taste of sea salt and ground black pepper to season.
- It’s to taste of torn fresh flat leaf parsley (optional).
- It’s to taste of smoked paprika (optional).
Tex's Killer Oven-Baked Club Sub 🐷🐔🍞 step by step
- Cook the bacon (if using, I'm using a little bit of extra ham) until almost crispy, but not quite.
- Cut the bacon (if using) into chunks with scissors and allow to cool.
- Get your other ingredients ready to go.
- Deseed the tomato and roughly chop.
- Thinly slice your cheese.
- Cut a little lettuce from the heart, then roughly tear. Don't add so much to your sandwich that it overpowers the rest of the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to a high heat.
- Slice the bread like you would a hot dog bun and line with ham. I'm using a panini-pressed ciabatta for the extra width.
- Add the bacon.
- Add the chicken then cover with cheese and a few chunks of tomato.
- Drizzle with Thousand Island dressing, add a little fresh parsley, and season with salt and pepper. I also sprinkle with smoked paprika at this point for a little heat.
- Add some more cheese, season again, and skewer the bread closed 🍢.
- Cook in the oven for a minimum of 8-10 minutes until the cheese bubbles. I'm cooking mine on a cast iron Welsh baking stone.
- The Welsh baking stone can be used in the oven like a pizza stone, for pastries, pies, and breads, or on the stove top, where they're great for cooking flat breads.
- Finish assembly by adding a little lettuce and some more tomato, then drizzling with a little more Thousand Island dressing.
- Serve as a snack or with French fries, and/or chips/potato crisps. I've also added a blob of houmous as a dip for the tortilla chips.
Going Green for Greater Health By Consuming Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that numerous individuals appreciate. It is possible to do this, even in this busy world we live in. We must take a step back and prevent diseases before they occur. Alas, most people don’t worry about their health since they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It isn’t possible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the current pill to cure you of your health problems. Naturally, a number of these pills can help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. Once your body wears out, you can’t get a new one, like your car. You have to learn how to look after your body before it is too late. Your body requires sufficient amounts of nutrients to function at its optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what goes into your mouth is beneficial for you? Do you regularly eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food restaurants? Eating sugar and starches, as well as greasy foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are being discovered all of the time? An increasing number of people are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases due to the foods they consume. Men and women are becoming increasingly concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Today it is a lot easier to find quality foods by going to a local farmer’s market or health food store. Virtually all grocery stores nowadays have organic foods. In this section of the store, you’ll be able to find superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been proven to slow down or reverse particular diseases. By consuming these superfoods, your body will more fit. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how good you will soon feel. Your body will start to function as it is supposed to when you give it the right nutrition. This in turn will help your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. Your daily diet should include at least some of these super foods. To start, beans are excellent, and berries, in particular blueberries. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Include whole grains and nuts. Moreover, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you eat these superfoods on a regular basis, you should get rid of any weight gain problems. You will enjoy optimal health as you decide to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be better, and your body can be free of disease. Prepare for a healthy future by modifying your eating habits now.