Simple Sponge Cake. Simple Yellow Sponge Cake is made with only a few ingredients that you probably have in your pantry. This cake is commonly used to make layered cakes. You might also like to check out a Chocolate.
This is a simple sponge cake that can be made in no time at all with only three ingredients. Get a perfect sponge cake every time with my simple recipe and in-depth tutorial! Sponge cakes are a unique type of cake made with no oil or butter! You can have Simple Sponge Cake using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Sponge Cake
- It’s 175 g of self-raising flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 175 g of soften butter.
- Prepare 100 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 75 g of light brown sugar.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of cold water.
Just eggs, sugar, extract, flour and baking powder. Make a classic sponge cake with this easy recipe, perfect for everyday baking and occasions. Choose your favourite filling for this easy sponge cake – we've opted for lemon curd and whipped. An exceptional, yet simple Vanilla Butter Cake.
Simple Sponge Cake step by step
- Heat an oven to 180c..
- Grease a round spring form tin with butter. This stops the sponge from sticking to the tin..
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix it all together until combined..
- Add the mixture to the greased tin and transfer to the oven. Bake for 25-40 minutes. My oven isn't great so took roughly 40 minutes to bake through. I pricked it with a cocktail stick from around 25 minutes onwards every five minutes or so to make sure it was baked through and that I didn't over cook it..
- Allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack..
- Allow to completely cool before cutting in half, add any filling you like. I used a sweet egg mixture (see link for recipe below). Decorate the top of the cake and sides with the same mixture. Decorate the top of the cake how you prefer. I just used chocolate chips for the top of this cake..
- Egg Filling Recipe! https://zcookpad.com/uk/recipes/11094457-sweet-egg-filling?token=mbB9iPhGD5VPQTGrCtM9RYB3.
Try this simple Sponge cake recipe that can be used to make other delicious cakes but also perfect on its own with your favorite jam for coffee or tea time. A step-by-step sponge cake recipe that is foolproof and really easy. And it only needs five ingredients! Add your favourite icing and you're sorted. There is no baking powder, no butter, no oil.