Refried Beans – Slow Cooker.
You can cook Refried Beans – Slow Cooker using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Refried Beans – Slow Cooker
- It’s of dry pinto beans.
- You need of diced yellow onion.
- You need of large clove garlic, minced.
- It’s of small jalapeno, seeds removed and diced.
- It’s of chili powder.
- It’s of cumin.
- You need of twists freshly cracked pepper.
- Prepare of unsalted vegetable broth.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of salt, or more to taste.
Refried Beans – Slow Cooker instructions
- Start by soaking the beans overnight. Pick through them first, removing any stones or bad beans you may find. Then place them in a large bowl and fill with enough water to cover the beans by a couple of inches. Place the bowl in the fridge to soak overnight..
- When ready to start the beans, grease the slow cooker. Drain the beans and place them in. Then add in the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT for the salt. Give it a stir, place the lid on and cook on low heat for 8 hours..
- Once the 8 hour mark is up, drain the liquid from the beans, but reserve about 1 cup of it..
- Use either a hand masher (for a chunkier, more rustic texture) or an immersion blender (for a smoother and creamier texture) to mash the beans to your preferred consistency. I just use a hand masher. If the beans are too dry while mashing, loosen them up by adding some of the reserved liquid. Keep in mind that they will thicken slightly as they cool..
- Season the finished beans with the salt and some additional pepper, then that's it. Serve immediately, topped with some cheese if you like, and refrigerate any leftovers..