Chocolate icing tarts with coconut. Chocolate: I highly recommend bittersweet chocolate for this tart. You can, however, use semi-sweet for a sweeter chocolate flavor. These are a lovely crispy treat, serve warm as they are or with some syrup drizzled over or a blob of ice cream!
The filling is mostly coconut (yum!) and it's not overly. Remove from oven and cool completey. Serve tart topped with mixed berries and dusted with extra icing sugar. You can cook Chocolate icing tarts with coconut using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate icing tarts with coconut
- You need 6 cups of cake flour.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 500 g of margarine.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need of Fine desiccated coconut.
- Prepare of For icing.
- You need 100 g of margarine.
- It’s 1 cup of icing sugar.
- Prepare 125 g of cocoa powder.
Note: When life gives you lemons, squeeze the juice and freeze in an ice cube tray. Little tarts with jam in the bottom and a coconut filling are a delicious old-time treat. Reviews for: Photos of Coconut Tarts. Sometimes I will use cherry jam in the bottom and those ones will get a thin icing topped with half a glaze or maraschino cherry otherwise raspberry jam.
Chocolate icing tarts with coconut step by step
- In a bowl, mix soft margarine and surgar..
- Add eggs and vanilla essence and mix well..
- Then add your flour, bicarbonate and cream of tartar and fold together until non sticky soft dough forms..
- Meanwhile pre heat your oven to 180°C.
- Roll dough and cut using a glass and place in your pan. The other must have a whole in the middle u can use a lid of your essence to make the wholes. Bake until golden brown. Wait for your cookies to cool off before icing..
- For icing, whisk margarine until creamy then add icing sugar. Whisk again until smooth and creamy. Add cocoa and whisk again until your icing is smooth..
- On one cookie spread the icing and put the other cookie with a whole on top of the iced one and using your finger spread the icing around the sides of the cookies and roll in the coconut. And they are ready to serve..
The coconut tarts are a common item in a dim sum restaurant or a Chinese bakery. Typically vanilla custard powder or pudding powder is used My take on the delicious Hong Kong style coconut tarts. The pastry for these tarts is super flaky. The filling is mostly coconut (yum!) and it's not overly sweet. Make one of our irresistible chocolate tarts for a decadent dinner party dessert.