Tuna Fish Cake Patties. Once you've formed the patties, it's time for coating. A lot of recipes just fry the patties, or at the most dredge in flour and fry. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
We kids are only a few feet high, have tiny feet, scabbed. Tuna and Potato Patties, or tuna fish cakes, the ideal last minute appetizer that can feed a hungry crowd. Ridiculously easy to make, these patties are a great way of using up leftover mashed potatoes, and also sneak in some good old tinned tuna. You can have Tuna Fish Cake Patties using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna Fish Cake Patties
- It’s of For the patties:.
- Prepare 1 tin of tuna in spring water, water drained (112g),.
- Prepare 1 of baking potato, peeled and cooked until fork tender, (220g),.
- It’s 2 of spring onions, finely chopped,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of light mayonnaise,.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic granules,.
- It’s 1 pinch of red chilli flakes,.
- Prepare 1 pinch of dried parsley,.
- Prepare 1 pinch of dry dill,.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice,.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to season,.
- It’s of For the breadcrumb coating:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of white bread crumbs,.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of panko bread crumbs,.
- It’s of Cooking oil spray such as Frylight.
How to Make Tuna Fish Patties. The spices and other veggies added to the tuna makes these so flavorful. These tuna patties aka tuna fish cakes, are a perfect way to use up cans of tuna. They're simple, crispy and so good y'all!
Tuna Fish Cake Patties step by step
- In a large bowl add in the tuna, mayo, herbs and spices listed under the 'patties' section of the ingredient list, (don't add the potato yet). Season well with salt and pepper. Mix together well..
- Take the baked potato and using a large sharp knife, cut it up into very small pieces. Add it to the tuna and combine well. Mix in the lemon juice and spring onions. Mash up any larger chunks of potato left using the back of a fork, so it's a nice even texture..
- Wet your hands (this prevents the mix from sticking to you), and then form the mixture into three neat round patties..
- Spray one side of the patties with cooking oil then gently pat on the breadcrumb mixture, making sure it sticks and then do this on the reverse sides. Ensure all gaps are covered in breadcrumbs..
- Heat a large frying pan up over a medium heat. Spray in a layer of cooking oil. Once nice and hot, add in the patties and gently fry for a few minutes on each side until the breadcrumbs are golden and the fishcakes heated through to the middle..
- Serve up and enjoy! :).
You'll be amazed at how cans of tuna fish can make such delicious patties! This dish pairs well with my popular southern coleslaw recipe. These quick and easy tuna fish cakes are made without potato, using breadcrumbs instead. These easy crispy tuna patties are a perfect way to use up cans of tuna. They're simple to make and just so good y'all!