Moms Famous Tuna Fish Casserole. Boy oh boy, is Barbara glad she gave it another shot. It might not be fancy but both girls had two helpings! Peel eggs and slice, then place into casserole dish.
Cook pasta according to package directions, just to al dente. In a bowl mix cooked pasta, soup, tuna, milk, onion, ½ cup cheese and spices. The basic requirements for a tuna noodle casserole recipe include a can of tuna, a can of vegetables, a can of soup and a package of egg noodles. You can cook Moms Famous Tuna Fish Casserole using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moms Famous Tuna Fish Casserole
- It’s 1 of 16oz bag shell noodles.
- You need 1 of 10 oz can cream of chicken.
- It’s 2 of 12oz can tuna in water.
- Prepare 1 of 16oz bag frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 of bag orignal lays chips.
- You need 1 of 13×9 pan.
Other tuna noodle casserole recipes add-ins range from chopped mushrooms and onions to frozen peas or shredded cheddar cheese. This Tuna Noodle Casserole made her quite famous among the other military wives! It's the dish that Aunt Bee gave to other army families when (in her words), "there had been a mishap." It's the way that Aunt Bee showed love and support, and it's the meal that she made to comfort her friends and family. I loved tuna casserole as a kid and found myself craving it as an adult.
Moms Famous Tuna Fish Casserole step by step
- Boil water then put shell noodles in pot and cook til al dente. Drain..
- Combine al dente noodles with cream of chicken. Drain tuna then add to mixture, following with frozen peas. NOTE: depending on how much peas you like, you don't have to use the whole bag!.
- Put famous tuna fish casserole into greased 13×9 pan..
- Crush lays chips and crumble on top till the surface of casserole is covered..
- Bake 375° for 30-35min or until golden brown. Let cool then enjoy!.
However, the massive amounts of fat and salt in the traditional recipe were a turnoff healthwise, and it just didn't taste as good as I remembered. I reconfigured the recipe to include more vegetables and the result was delicious. —Rebecca Blanton, St. Mix bread crumbs with melted butter in bowl and sprinkle over tuna mixture. Add in tuna in water (drained). Mix gently as you do not want the tuna fish to mince. leave some chunks in there.