Blackened Tuna Steaks ( Or any firm fish steak or fillet ). Place steaks seasoning side down in skillet. My favorite way to eat tuna, but the spice mix works well with blackened chicken or other types of firm fish. Seared fish steaks are a Cajun tradition.
The Best Fish Steak ~ Grilled Yellowfin Tuna. Blackened Tuna Steaks on the Blackstone Griddle. Follow our tips for buying and cooking tuna steaks. You can have Blackened Tuna Steaks ( Or any firm fish steak or fillet ) using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blackened Tuna Steaks ( Or any firm fish steak or fillet )
- You need 4 of 6 ounce fresh tuna steaks.
- It’s 1 of recipe of White Marinade and Barbeque sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cracked black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of cajun seasoning spice blend.
- Prepare 1 of FOR SERVING.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon wedges.
- It’s 1 of Melted butter.
This meaty, flavoursome fish is delicious griddled or pan-fried, especially when it's marinated in herbs and spices. These firm steaks are usually cut thinly so they cook quickly and keep their flaky texture. Since they're buttery and mild, you can season your steaks any If you've bought your tuna in a single large piece, you can cut it into individual steaks or ask the person working at the seafood counter to do it for you. Seared fish steaks are a Cajun tradition.
Blackened Tuna Steaks ( Or any firm fish steak or fillet ) instructions
- In a small bowl combine pepper and cajun seasoning.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat..
- 15 minutes before grilling brush fish with White Marinade/Sauce,. Right before grilling sprinkle each steak evenly with pepper/cajun spice mix. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347418-white-marinade-and-barbeque-sauce-for-meat-and-seafood.
- Grill.over direct heat 2 to 4 minutes, on each side, depending on how you like it done and thickness of fish. Do not overcook..
- This can be pan seared by brushing a bit lighter with sauce. Heat a tablespoon of oil.in a pan until hot and sear for the same 2 to 4 minutes on each side..
- This also is great on salmon, swordfish, tilapia any firm fish!.
- Serve with melted butter and lemon wedges.
Seared fish steaks are a Cajun tradition. This is such a simple yet delicious way to prepare tuna, and it's ready in minutes. Rub room temperature butter over tuna steaks. Press tuna steaks into herb mixture; gently rub herbs onto fish. These salmon or tuna steaks are marinated and then grilled or baked to perfection.