White Chicken Chili. This White Chicken Chili is hearty, warming, creamy and perfectly comforting. It's a great alternative to traditional beef chili and makes a simple, yet completely delicious dinner! This easy White Chicken Chili is like a milder, calmer cousin to Texas beef chili.
Creamy with plenty of spice, it's the perfect companion on a chilly night! This White Chicken Chili is the perfect medley of hearty beans and chicken, with just a little bit of heat. How to make white chicken chili. You can have White Chicken Chili using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of White Chicken Chili
- You need of 4 to 5 chicken breasts.
- You need of Chicken Stock.
- You need of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- It’s of Sour cream.
- You need of Great Northern Beans.
- It’s of Green onions.
- It’s of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Limes.
- You need of Chili powder seasoning.
- You need of Adobo Powder (or adobo sauce).
- You need of Nature Seasoning.
- You need of Course Black Pepper.
- You need of Red Chili Flakes.
- Prepare of Shredded Cheese.
Begin by combining half of the white beans in a food processor with one cup of the chicken broth. Process until you have a smooth purée. White Chicken Chili is the easy weeknight recipe you need from Delish.com. When we're craving something hearty and healthy, this chicken chili immediately jumps to mind.
White Chicken Chili step by step
- Start by seasoning the chicken with chili powder seasoning, use your discretion as this is not the amount listed above. Place the chicken in the oven at 425 until it is 185 internal temperature..
- Then go about adding all the stock to a large pot with the beans & all the dry seasonings. Cut up all the green onions but only add the bottom, save the green tops for later. Cut up all the cilantro leaves & add half to the pot. Cut up the first lime in halves & squeeze the juice then cut the second into 8 pieces & add to the pot as is. Add the chicken as soon as cooked & cut up..
- Bring the pot to a boil then add the heavy whipping cream, 1/2 the green onion tops & sour cream then reduce to a simmer for 1 hour stirring occasionally..
- Use the leftover cilantro, onion tops, sour cream & cheese as additives at the end..
This White Chicken Chili is the perfect medley of hearty beans and chicken, with just a little bit of heat. This white chicken chili recipe uses cannellini beans and diced chicken breasts in a chicken broth base. After sharing a new recipe for easy (red) chicken chili, I thought I would circle. White chiili is red chili's creamier, smokier, more chicken-y cousin made with white beans. [Photographs: J. Some white chili is soupy and creamy, with chunks of chickens and beans.