Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese.
You can cook Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- It’s of sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dry mustard.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 3 cup of milk.
- You need 2 cup of or 200 g shredded old cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of macaroni, uncooked.
Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese step by step
- I like this method because you don't steam up your kitchen with boiling pasta water, and the macaroni seems extra rich and cheesy..
- Melt butter in saucepan, whisk in dry ingredients and cook' stirring, 1 minute..
- Gradually stir in milk and cook, stirring, til bubbling and thickened..
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses..
- Pour into 3 1/2 quart slow cooker and stir in uncooked macaroni. Cook on high for 1 hour, until bubbly and macaroni is soft. Don't overcook unless you want brown crusty bits around the edge..
- Variation – Mac and Cheese with Sweet Potato and Chicken..
- Peel and dice 1 small sweet potato, and cook in 1 cup boiling chicken stock til tender, 4 min. Use the cooking liquid to replace some of the milk, and proceed as above, adding the sweet potato and 1 cup shredded cooked chicken with the macaroni..
- The sweet potato is so well hidden in the cheese that even veggie haters will eat it!.