Our Family Recipe for Chicken Karaage.
You can cook Our Family Recipe for Chicken Karaage using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Our Family Recipe for Chicken Karaage
- It’s 3 of to 4 Chicken thigh meat.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ★ Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ★ Cooking sake.
- It’s 1 tsp of ★ Honey (or sugar).
- You need 1 tsp of ★ Grated garlic.
- You need 2 tsp of ★ Grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 of Egg, medium.
- You need 3 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- You need 3 of heaping tablespoons Plain flour.
- Prepare 1 of for frying Oil.
Our Family Recipe for Chicken Karaage instructions
- Remove the sinew from the the chicken so it's easy to chew and more delicious. If you look at the edges of the meat you'll see some white stringy sinews so grab ahold of one and tug with a knife. It goes easier if you put the meat skin side up and move the knife..
- The meat will shrink a bit when you fry it, so cut into generous pieces. I cut one piece into 6 pieces. Season lightly with salt and pepper and put into a large bowl..
- Add all the ingredients marked ★ and rub into the meat with your hands. Marinate for at least 30 minutes..
- Add the egg and mix well, then add katakuriko and flour and mix some more. When it's no longer floury, it's good. Marinate in the refrigerator for another 20 minutes..
- Deep fry the meat. Set the oil temperature to about 180°C. If you don't have a thermometer measure the temperature with cooking chopsticks. If small bubbles are coming fast out of the chopsticks the temperature is right. I use enough oil to come up to about 1/3 of the height of the chicken pieces..
- Scoop up the meat and batter with a large spoon and put into the hot oil. When you put the chicken in the oil temperature will go down fast, but don't panic, just watch the oil. I don't turn up the heat. The reason for this is that the meat pieces are large, so they cook slowly..
- This is after the chicken is flipped over. The oil might spit a bit so be careful. As time passes the temperature of the oil will rise again, and the meat will become nice and golden brown. When the pieces are fried, take them out and drain the oil away. If you're not sure, cut a piece in half to see if it's cooked through..
- Finished! Serve with your favorite salad..
- The next day I served the chicken cut up into 1 cm pieces mixed with the shredded cabbage from the salad the day before. Serve with mayonnaise or your favorite dressing..
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green For Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that a lot of folks appreciate. It is possible to attain this, even in this hectic world we are in. We have to go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Too many folks have the attitude of ruining the body today, and heal it with a pill later on. You can’t turn around without seeing advertisements about the latest pill to treat your health problems. There are some pills that help, but only if you make some essential modifications in your life. Unlike the car buying process, you can’t exchange your burnt-out body for a new one. You should take care of your health while you have the ability to do so. Your body needs the right nutrients to operate at its best levels. Do you eat because food is available and you like the taste or do you decided to eat healthy foods? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food place or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that almost all people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. The food products we are ingesting are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. People are deciding to eat better now that they are aware of how essential food choices are to their health. Now it is much easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Virtually all grocery stores now have organic foods. This aisl is full of what are today recognized as superfoods. The term superfoods refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to retard or reverse particular maladies. By eating these foods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how healthy you will soon feel. Your body will begin to run as it was meant to when you give it the correct nutrition. In this case, the immune system is better able to fight off any health condition. You must have a few superfoods in your diet everyday. Why not include some beans or blueberries? Then, try to add a few veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Include whole cereals and nuts. In addition, you have to consume yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. When you eat these superfoods on a regular basis, you should eliminate any problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy great health as you choose to eat the green living way. Your body will become disease free as you build up your immune system. Prepare for a great future by modifying your eating habits today.