Calpis Cheese Meringue Tart.
You can cook Calpis Cheese Meringue Tart using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Calpis Cheese Meringue Tart
- You need of Tart Base.
- It’s of Butter.
- You need of Sugar.
- Prepare of Egg yolk.
- It’s of Cake flour.
- You need of Calpis Cream Cheese.
- You need of Cream cheese.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- You need of Egg yolk.
- It’s of Heavy cream.
- It’s of Calpis (Mandarin Orange flavour).
- You need of Cake flour.
- Prepare of Meringue.
- It’s of Egg white.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It’s of Calpis.
Calpis Cheese Meringue Tart step by step
- First, make the tart base. Let the butter warm up to room temperature and beat with a whisk. Add the sugar and continue to mix. Add the egg yolk and mix again. Lastly sift in the flour and fold in with a rubber spatula. Gather the dough into a ball, wrap with cling film and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes..
- Next, make the calpis cream cheese. Let the cream cheese return to room temperature before beating it with a whisk. Add the sugar, egg yolk, cream and calpis, in that order, while continuing to mix. Sift in the cake flour and fold in with a rubber spatula..
- Now for the meringue. Add the egg white to a bowl and whisk with a hand mixer. Once white and fluffy, add the sugar in 3 goes, continuing to whisk with each addition. Once stiff peaks form, add the calpis and continue to whisk..
- On top of some cling film, spread out the tart dough by hand. (Using your hands will result in a more robust tart base that doesn't crack as easily as if you were to use a rolling pin). Use a rolling pin lightly at the end to get the base nice and even and line a tart pan with it..
- Cut off the excess dough and press down neatly into the tart pan. Pierce all over with a fork to prevent the dough expanding and let it chill in the refrigerator for 5 minutes. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10 – 15 minutes..
- Once baked and cooled, pour in the calpiis cream cheese mixture..
- Add the meringue to a piping bag and top the tart in any design you like. Bake in an oven at 150°C for roughly 20 minutes..
- Once it looks like this, it's ready..
- So delicious..
- I used mandarin orange flavoured calpis this time, but you can make it just as well with normal flavoured calpis..