Chocolate Shrtbread Cookies Filled with Caramel Buttercream. Some call these millionaire shortbread bars, some call them shortbread caramel chocolate bars, whatever you call them, they are delicious. Coconut shortbread cookies filled with a caramel cream buttercream and dipped in two different kinds of chocolate. I had been planning on making these cookies for a while.
Real butter, cream, and brown sugar make for a flavorful caramel. It stays soft with the help of corn syrup. Tempering the chocolate with either a food processor or a sous-vide circulator ensures. You can have Chocolate Shrtbread Cookies Filled with Caramel Buttercream using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Shrtbread Cookies Filled with Caramel Buttercream
- Prepare of For Cookies.
- It’s 1 cup of plus 2 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 6 ounces of unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks).
- You need 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of granulated sugar for rolling.
- You need of For Filling.
- Prepare of my caramel buttercream frosting in my profile.
- Prepare of For Topping.
- Prepare of grated milk chocolate.
- Prepare of course salt flakes.
Chocolate cookie dough is wrapped around caramel filled chocolate candies. For the caramel: While the shortbread is baking, pour the condensed milk, syrup, sugar and butter into a saucepan. Use a mixture of different chocolate if you like – try mixing dark/milk/white and swirl together. Pour over the caramel shortbread and return to the fridge to set.
Chocolate Shrtbread Cookies Filled with Caramel Buttercream instructions
- Have the buttercream frosting made for the filling. You will have extra fillijg. Use the fillinhg for another item or this cookie recipe can be doubled..
- Make Cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, salt and cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat in flour mixture until a dough forms. Chill dough if it's to sticky to work with.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll each ball in granulated sugar.
- Place on prepared pans and press a center indentation with ypur thumb. Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes until the top of the cookie appears dry. Gently press the end of a wooden spoon into each indentation to enlarge it if needed. Cool om wire racks.
- Fill each cookie center with the caramel buttercream.
- Top each cookie with gratesd milk chocolate and a few flakes of salt.
Equipment: a set of cookie cutters that nest together well – these are from a Spoon caramel into the reservoir on the top of cookies until you run out of caramel or cookies. Pour any extra caramel into the prepared container. These chocolate shortbread cookies are mixed with cocoa powder in the simple butter dough. Bake the traditional way or shape into individual Traditional shortbread is made with few ingredients and has a characteristic bite that is irresistible and delicious. Also known as Caramel Squares, this dessert has layers of shortbread, caramel, and chocolate.