Mike's BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. Our version of a BBQ Chicken Sandwich using our award winning products. Inspired by Ray Mack's Kitchen and Grill to make our version of this sandwich. Check out Mike's BBQ House menu.
A generous portion of mouth-watering apple-smoked meat of your choice topped with Uncle Mike's Kansas City BBQ sauce. Dry rubbed and smoked, choice of slaw. Double grilled pimento mac & cheese sandwich stuffed with BBQ, sweet pickles & BBQ sauce. You can cook Mike's BBQ Chicken Sandwiches using 26 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- It’s of ● For The Sandwiches.
- You need 6 (10 oz) of Chicken Breasts [1/4" thick].
- Prepare 2 (12 oz) of Loaves Fresh Baked Ciabatta Bread.
- Prepare 1 lb of Bottle Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce [+ reserves for serving].
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Green Leaf Lettuce [chilled].
- It’s as needed of Red Onions [thin sliced].
- You need as needed of White Onions [thin sliced].
- You need as needed of Firm Tomato Slices.
- You need of ● For The Brine.
- You need 4 Cups of Water.
- You need 4 Cups of Ice.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Salt.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of ● For The Options [as needed – chilled].
- You need of Peperoncini Peppers.
- You need of Banana Peppers.
- It’s of Jalapeño Peppers.
- It’s of Sport Peppers.
- Prepare Slices of Thin Dill Pickle.
- Prepare of Whole Mini Pickles.
- It’s of Whole Green Olives.
- It’s of Salt & Vinager Potato Chips.
- Prepare of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce.
Meanwhile, place sandwich buns on a sheet pan. Lightly butter each bun and toast until golden brown. Spoon chicken on a toasted sandwich bun, then add sliced onion and pickles. This is a wonderful pulled chicken sandwich with a homemade barbeque sauce.
Mike's BBQ Chicken Sandwiches step by step
- Create your brine by boiling all ingredients in the brine section [except for ice] until everything is dissolved. Allow water to cool and add both ice and chicken. Place in fridge in a bowl or large Ziplock Bag for 1 hour..
- Trim any fat, butterfly and pound down your chicken breasts until they're equal thickness on all sides..
- Remove chicken from brine and grill on high for three minutes on each side. Longer if your chicken pieces are on the thicker side. You'll want to create some char lines on them so try not to lift or peek..
- While waiting – gather your sides/options and rinse and slice your vegetables. Refrigerate all. You'll want all sides/options fully chilled..
- Place chicken in a disposable pan and add your entire bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce. Seal tightly with tinfoil..
- Bake your bread as per manufactures directions in the top rack. Usually about 10 minutes at 400°..
- At the same time as you bake your bread – place your sealed chicken on your lowest oven rack far to one side or the other for 15 minutes while bread is baking on the opposite side. This will add to the moisture and flavor of your chicken..
- Stack your sandwiches any way you choose to. [lettuce first tho] with your warmed leftover Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce that's in your pan..
- Serve with a salad like my, "Mike's Tangy Garden Fresh Summer Salad." Enjoy!.
BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Mike D's BBQ is a line of signature BBQ sauces and award winning seasonings. It was a lot thinner than what we were use to, but the taste was fantastic. Nice tangy flavor had barbecue sauce on chicken and it was so good just right. A chicken and avocado flatbread sandwich is perfect for both adults and kids.