Bacon and onion pudding. It is also referred to as simply, bacon and onion suet pudding. Rennie has launched a campaign called 'Cooking through the Decades' where they are challenging food bloggers to cook a. A delicious, very easy to make, suet pastry pudding.
Once rolled, place the bacon all over the pastry and sprinkle the onions over the bacon. Hands up if you can remember your Mum or Nan making this for you at home? I know that I certainly can. You can have Bacon and onion pudding using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon and onion pudding
- Prepare 8 oz of self raising flour.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- It’s 4 oz of shredded suet.
- It’s 8 oz of bacon.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped (red or white).
- It’s 5 tbsp of gravy.
This is an old fashioned favourite of mine which my. Add salt and pepper to taste. Roll up like a swiss roll put inside a tea towel. You could find a recipe for steak and kidney pudding and just substitute the steak and kidney for bacon and onion.
Bacon and onion pudding instructions
- Fry bacon until cooked, but not crisp, drain and cut into small pieces. Place in bowl..
- Fry onion in bacon fat until transparent. Drain and add to bacon, mix in enough gravy to moisten through..
- Sift flour Into a bowl, add suet and salt, stir with a table knife, gradually add approximately 5 fluid ounces cold water to make a soft but firm dough..
- Grease a 2 pint pudding basin, take 2/3 of the dough and roll out on floured surface to fit basin, line basin. (To make it easier to turn out you can place a circle of buttered greaseproof paper in bottom of basin).
- Place bacon mixture in lined bowl..
- Roll remaining dough into circle to fit top of pudding, place on top of mixture. Cover with circle of buttered greaseproof paper..
- Cover top of basin with double layer of foil, pleating the foil so the pudding can rise. Tie on with string..
- Put 2 pints of boiling water in a pressure cooker, place pudding on trivet, put on lid and return to boil, reduce heat and steam for 30 minutes, add 5 lb valve weight and cook for further 30 minutes,.
- Remove from heat and allow pressure to equalise..
- Turn pudding onto plate and cut into 4..
- Serve with gravy and potatoes and vegetables of choice.
I have personally done this and it worked a treat. How to make Bacon and Onion Bread Pudding. Sauté onions, garlic, and bacon in unsalted butter. Combine eggs, whipping cream, rock salt, Italian seasoning, freshly ground black pepper, grated Gouda cheese, and shredded Parmesan cheese in a bowl; whisk well. Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl.
Going Green for Good Health By Consuming Superfoods One of the greatest points of adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and enjoy life. This is attainable no matter how busy and frenzied your life is. We need to take a step back and fix diseases before they develop. The majority of people think nothing of mistreating their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. You can’t turn around without seeing advertisements about the latest pill to cure you of your health problems. Naturally, a number of these pills do help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. Unlike buying a car, you can’t exchange your worn out body for a new one. You have to learn how to look after your body as early as possible. Your body cannot function correctly if it fails to get proper nutrition. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or only eat whatever tastes good at the time? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food joints? Ingesting sugar and starches, as well as greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and several others, probably caused by the foods that are consumed. A lot of people are realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Good nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food stores. These days, you can find an organic food area in virtually all grocery stores. There you will be able to see what science has named superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been proven to slow down or reverse certain illnesses. By ingesting these superfoods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how good you will soon feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to work. As a result, the immune system is better able to fight off any illness. Your daily diet must contain at least some of these super foods. Why not add several beans or blueberries? Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Include whole cereals and nuts. In addition, you have to have yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will get rid of your problems with gaining weight. Following a green living meal plan will give you exactly what you need for good health. You will see that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fight against disease. You can expect to have a healthy future by modifying your food choices today.