Chinese BBQ Pork Pastry.
You can cook Chinese BBQ Pork Pastry using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese BBQ Pork Pastry
- It’s of char siu Chinese BBQ pork diced (about 250g).
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s of onion diced.
- It’s of ketchup.
- Prepare of oyster sauce.
- You need of sugar.
- It’s of honey.
- Prepare of water.
- It’s of corn starch.
- It’s of water.
- You need of egg beaten.
- Prepare of roll of store bought pie crust thawed according to package instruction.
Chinese BBQ Pork Pastry step by step
- In a wok or frying pan, saute diced onion in olive oil until translucent. Then, add in ketchup, oyster sauce, sugar, honey, and 1/4 cup water. Stir and bring to boil.
- In the meantime, take a small bowl and mix the corn starch with 1 1/2 tablespoon of water. Add the mixture to the wok and stir constantly until sauce thickens..
- Add the diced BBQ pork and stir. Wait for it to cool, then put it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. The refrigeration will cause the mixture to harden and will make it easier to handle later..
- Line the fryer basket with grill mat or a lightly greased aluminum foil..
- Roll out pie crusts. Use a bowl size of your choice to trace circles onto the pie crust and cut them into circular pieces. Mix the left over pie crust together, use a rolling pin to roll them out. Repeat the above process to get as many circular crusts as you can..
- Lay the circular pieces of pie crust on the counter and put desired amount of BBQ pork filling in the center. Fold pie crust in half and keep the fillings inside. Use the back of a fork to press down on the edges of the pie crust to seal..
- Carefully transfer the pork pastry into the fryer basket. Brush the top surface with egg and air fry at 340F (170C) for about 5-6 minutes. Flip the pastries over and brush the top side with egg. Air fry again at 340F (170C) for another 5-6 minutes until the surface is golden brown..