Mike's Sour Cream & Chives Mashed Spuds.
You can have Mike's Sour Cream & Chives Mashed Spuds using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Sour Cream & Chives Mashed Spuds
- It’s of Sour Cream & Chives Mashed Potatoes.
- You need 2 1/2 lb of Idaho Potatoes [peeled-1" cubes].
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Salt [or more – for potato water].
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Whole Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sour Cream.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Quality Salted Butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Chives [fine chop].
- Prepare of Black Or White Pepper [use caution with white].
- You need of Kitchen Equipment.
- You need 1 of Potato Masher.
- Prepare 1 large of Large Boiling Pot [with lid].
Mike's Sour Cream & Chives Mashed Spuds step by step
- Boil enough water to cover your potatoes by 1" + with salt included. Your water should taste salty. Boil potatoes for 6 – 8 minutes or until a knife can easily slide through them. Don't over boil [make watery/mushy] your spuds or you will end up with watery potatoes you will not be able to salvage. Just keep checking them..
- While your spuds are boiling, warm your milk, butter, sour cream and pepper on the stove or in the microwave. Do not boil or overheat. Your milk and butter will foam over quickly if you do causing you to start over..
- ° Drain your potatoes in a strainer and immediately place them back into your heated pot and light your flame again on medium. ° By hand, mash your potatoes with a kitchen masher and scrape the bottom of the pot as you do. Scrape until you see less and less steam coming from the base of the pot. ° Both of these last two steps are VERY important as they will #1: Burn off any excess water from your salt water boil leaving your spuds thicker & creamier. And, #2: Leave a few scattered lumps in your mashed potatoes. Don't be misled folks, a few lumps are universal indicators of, "homemade & hand mashed!".
- ° With flame still lit but lowered, add 1/2 of your milk/butter/sour cream/pepper mixture and continue to mix with your potato masher. Slowly add the other half until you've reached your families own desired consistency or viscosity. ° We prefer ours a bit thicker. Especially since these seasoned mashed potatoes aren't served with any gravy, other than butter..
- ° If you'd like your potatoes a bit thinner = add 1 tablespoon additional milk and mix. Repeat if desired. ° If you'd like them a bit creamier = add additional sour cream tablespoon by tablespoon. ° More buttery? Add additional salted butter tablespoon by tablespoon..
- You can add your chives one of two ways. #1: Add chives to your milk/butter/sour cream/pepper mixture when heating it for fullest onion flavor. Or, #2: Add chives after incorporating your milk/butter/sour cream/pepper mixture for that occasional crisp, onion snap. It's your call!.
- Serve alongside just about any main dish. Enjoy!.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of adopting a green lifestyle that many people appreciate. It is possible to do this, even in this hectic world we are living in. We must take a step back and prevent diseases before they happen. Numerous people have the attitude of destroying the body today, and heal it with a pill the next day. We’re bombarded with advertisements for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem right away. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old unhealthy habits. When your body quites functioning right, you won’t be able to get a new body. You must learn how to look after your health before it is too late. Your body has to have proper nutrients to run at its best levels. Do you eat because food is available and you enjoy the taste or do you choose healthy foods? How often do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? Because a lot of folks decide to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. The foods we are ingesting are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. People are deciding to eat better now that they are aware of how crucial food choices are to their health. Good nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food shops. In all probability, your local grocery store today has an organic food aisle. There you will be able to see what science has called superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious health conditions. You will observe that you think more clearly when you ingest these foods. You will begin to feel a lot better when you choose to eat the superfoods in place of junk food. Your body will begin to work as it was meant to when you supply it with the proper nutrition. By doing this, your immune system will easily fend off maladies. You should have a number of superfoods in your diet daily. Why not include some beans or blueberries? Next, add several green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole cereals are a few other superfoods to add. Moreover, you may want to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t have to worry about your weight again. You will enjoy optimal health as you choose to eat the green living way. Your body will become disease free as you build up your immune system. You can expect to have a healthy future by modifying your food choices right now.