Green curry mussels. These Thai-inspired mussels are made with creamy coconut milk and spicy green curry. Thai green curry paste and coconut milk are a great match for these briny bivalves. Most mussels are sustainably farmed, making them an excellent seafood option.
Available in the ethnic foods aisle at the supermarket, the paste keeps several months in the refrigerator. Substitute shrimp for mussels, if you. If you love mussels, you're going to LOVE these Thai Green Curry Mussels. You can cook Green curry mussels using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Green curry mussels
- Prepare 1 kg of mussels (scrubbed and debearded).
- It’s 1 of onion (diced).
- It’s 1 of garlic clove (crushed).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger (grated).
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Valcom Green Curry Paste (add more to taste).
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of coriander (chopped).
- It’s 1 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s of fried shallots (for garnishing).
They're easy to make, but the flavor is out of this world! Stir in coconut milk and lime juice. Serve them along with some steamed jasmine rice lightly dressed with lime. You can get canned Thai green curry paste and lime leaves at Asian grocery stores.
Green curry mussels instructions
- Heat a medium-sized heavy-based pot and add oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Saute until fragrant..
- Add fish sauce, coconut milk and sugar and bring to boil..
- Add drained mussels and cover pot with lid. Bring pot contents to boil and remove from heat immediately..
- With the lid on, shake the pot occasionally to open the mussels..
- Dish out on a serving plate and garnish with chopped coriander and fried shallots. Serve the dish immediately with steamed rice..
Add my THAI GREEN CURRY PASTE and cook, stirring until it's sizzling and smelling yum. Spicy recipe for mussels that you will turn to time and time again. This Thai Green Curry Mussels recipe is the perfect Thai seafood dish you'll wish you tried earlier. One of my favorite restaurants serves green curry mussels with naan for mopping up the pot liquor. Every time we go, it is a must order so I decided I had to recreate it at home.