Ali’s Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies.
You can cook Ali’s Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ali’s Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of shortening.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp. of butter flavoring.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of vanilla flavoring.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coconut Rum (Malibu or Parrot Bay).
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of light brown sugar (packed).
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of coarse Kosher salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 2-1/4 cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (more or less as desired).
- You need 1/2 cup of sweetened coconut flakes.
Ali’s Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies step by step
- Combine shortening, eggs, flavorings, sugars, rum, and salt. Mix on low to combine, then cream on medium-high speed for about 2 minutes until fully blended and light in color and texture..
- In separate bow, combine flour and baking powder. Sift or mix well with whisk..
- Turn mixer to lowest speed and fold in flour mixture a little at a time. Alternatively, fold flour mixture into wet batter by hand with large spatula. Fold until combined, but don’t overwork. A little bit of dry flour is ok at this point..
- Add chocolate chips and coconut flakes to dough mixture. Fold by hand with large spatula until fully incorporated..
- Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour to chill dough..
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet or 1/2 sheet pan with parchment paper..
- Use 1 tablespoon measuring soon to scoop balls of cookie dough. Place on parchment-lined sheet pan, about 2” apart. (1/2 sheet pan makes 12 cookies).
- Bake 10-11 minutes until edges start to brown. This will make soft, chewy cookies. For a little firmer bite, cook 1-2 additional minutes until tops start to brown..
- Remove from oven and let rest for about 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool..
- Let pan cool for a few minutes before starting next batch..
- Quick Tip- to speed up process, remove parchment paper and run backside of pan under cool water for 10-15 seconds. Make sure to dry off any excess water. Replace parchment and start next batch..
- Option #1 – place a small pinch of coconut flake on top of cookie dough ball before baking to add some extra texture. The flakes will melt in slightly and tips will brown for that toasted coconut flavor..
- Option #2 – lightly sprinkle a little extra coarse kosher salt over tops of cookies as soon as removed from oven and resting on pan. Don’t over do it… just ever so subtle..
- Serve warm with glass of favorite milk or coffee. Let cookies cool completely on wire rack and store in air-tight container. The flavor and texture actually gets better the next day!.
Living Greener for Good Health By Eating Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that numerous individuals appreciate. This is doable regardless of how busy and frenzied your life is. We must get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. Numerous individuals have the attitude of destryong the body today, and mend it with a pill the next day. We’re bombarded with advertisements for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem instantly. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old bad habits. As soon as your body wears out, you can’t exchange it for a new one, like your car. You shouldn’t delay or it will be too late to take goood care of your health. Your body cannot function correctly if it fails to receive adequate nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what you are eating is good for you? Do you regularly eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food joints? Since a lot of folks opt to consume foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many others, perhaps triggered by the foods that are eaten. People are choosing to eat better now that they know how crucial food choices are to their health. A lot of nutritious food can now be found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Nowadays, you can find an organic food area in virtually all grocery stores. There you will be able to get what science has called superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to slow down or reverse certain maladies. By ingesting these superfoods, your body will become healthier. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how good you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will enable it to function well. When this happens, it will help your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. Your daily diet need to have at least a few of these super foods. Why not include a few beans or blueberries? Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, together with a variety of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Be sure to eat proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By consuming these superfoods every day, you should eliminate any weight gain problems. Green living provides you with a great eating plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be better, and your body can potentially become disease free. You can expect to have a healthy future by changing your food choices right now.