Simple Sugar Cookies. They are really good, plain or with candies in them. After making another sugar cookie recipe (which turned out disasterous) I decided to try this one. This easy sugar cookie recipe requires no chilling, no rolling and makes soft sugar cookies that And as with any classic, simple cookie, it can't hide behind frosting or anything, so it really needs to.
Combine the flour and salt in a small bowl. Mix with the whisk then set it aside. These are my favorite sugar cookies with icing. You can cook Simple Sugar Cookies using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Sugar Cookies
- You need 1/2 cup of margarine or butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of shortening.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence or grated lemon/orange zest.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need of I cup sugar (plus additional 2 tablespoons for sprinkling).
I shared the recipe on Sally's Baking Addiction several years ago and published them in my cookbook as well. Here is a tried and true sugar cookie recipe. Making a simple sugar cookie recipe is one of the most nostalgic things a baker can do. You can customize the spices and liquids added to create a complex cookie or keep it extremely simple.
Simple Sugar Cookies instructions
- Cream the sugar, shortening and margarine/butter until fluffy..
- Add the vanilla or zest(whichever you are using).
- Add egg, beaten separately..
- Sift flour,baking soda and baking powder together and add to the mixture..
- Mix until you have a soft dough, now make small coin sized disks.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25mins..
- Sprinkle with sugar while still hot. Let cool and enjoy..
Best Simple Sugar Cookies from simple sugar cookies. Best Simple Sugar Cookies from Easy Sugar Cookies Recipe — Dishmaps. sugar cookies, candy canes, powdered sugar, egg nog. Sugar Cookie Pizza CookiesFormula Mom. icing, sugar cookies, coconut flakes, sprinkles. Simple Sugar Cookies: This is the same basic recipe that my Mom used all my growing up years. It is quite easy to make, with a few secrets to help make it even better.