Bacon-Arugula Pesto Chicken.
You can cook Bacon-Arugula Pesto Chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon-Arugula Pesto Chicken
- You need 4 of boneless chicken breasts.
- It’s 3/4 oz of fresh basil.
- Prepare 4 handfuls of arugula.
- Prepare 1 packages of unflavored bacon.
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic; peeled.
- Prepare 3 oz of pine nuts.
- It’s 3 oz of parmesan; grated.
- You need 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 pinch of sugar.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of extra virgin olive oil; as needed.
Bacon-Arugula Pesto Chicken step by step
- Place bacon on a baking tray. Bake at 350° for approximately 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crispy and has rendered all the fat. Remove bacon and pat dry. Save bacon fat..
- Place pine nuts in large, dry saute pan. Turn heat to medium. Toss pine nuts around often to avoid burning. Once golden brown, remove from heat and place in food processor..
- Add cheese, basil, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper, and one handful of arugula to the food processor..
- Turn processor on and slowly pour the bacon fat into the processor. Add olive oil until arugula is incorporated. Stop the processor and add another handful of arugula. Turn the processor back on and slowly pour olive oil until arugula is incorporated. Repeat until arugala is gone. Adjust salt, pepper, and vinegar to taste..
- Toss chicken breasts with olive oil in a mixing bowl. Place on the same sheet tray that you used to cook the bacon. Season with dried spices. Roast at 350° for approximately 45-50 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°. Baste sauce atop chicken during last 5 minutes of cooking..
- Garnish with extra sauce and chopped bacon..
- Variations; Cilantro, parsley, tarragon, spinach, watercress, kale, other vinegar, mustard, wine, roasted tomatoes or bell peppers.
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Superb Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One of the greatest points of going green is to slow down and bask in life. This is achievable regardless of how filled and frenzied your life is. We need to get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Numerous people have the attitude of destroying the body today, and mend it with a pill later on. We’re barraged with adverts for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem right away. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old bad habits. Unlike buying a car, you cannot trade in your burnt-out body for a new one. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to look after yourself. Proper nutrition is important for your body to work at optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are putting in your mouth is healthy for you? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food eating places? Eating sugar and starches, as well as oily foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are cropping up all of the time? More and more individuals are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases due to the foods they eat. Individuals are becoming more and more concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Lots of nutritious food can now be being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. In all probability, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food aisle. There you will be able to get what science has called superfoods. The term superfoods refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to slow down or reverse particular maladies. By ingesting these superfoods, your body will more fit. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how well you will soon feel. Your body will start to function as it is supposed to when you supply it with the proper nutrition. When this happens, the immune system will be able to fight off any health condition. You should have some superfoods in your diet daily. Why not eat a few beans or blueberries? Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole grains, and oats, together with an assortment of nuts, primarily walnuts. See to it that you include proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will help solve your weight gain problems. You will enjoy good health when you opt to eat the green living way. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body can potentially ward off diseases. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits right now.