BBQ Pulled Pork 'Burgers' in Brioche Buns.
You can cook BBQ Pulled Pork 'Burgers' in Brioche Buns using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of BBQ Pulled Pork 'Burgers' in Brioche Buns
- Prepare 1.2 kg of Boneless pork shoulder.
- It’s 1 packet of Schwarz Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Spice Mix.
- It’s 140 g of Tomato ketchup.
- It’s 5 tbsp of Dry cider.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Sweet and smokey BBQ sauce (plus extra to serve).
- You need 8 of Brioche buns.
- It’s 1 tub of Coleslaw.
- It’s 1 of Carrot.
- It’s 1/2 of Courgette.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 6-8 of Smoked cheese slices (eg Applewood).
- It’s Squeeze of mayo (optional).
BBQ Pulled Pork 'Burgers' in Brioche Buns instructions
- Place the pork joint into a large casserole dish with a lid..
- Make the marinade by mixing the seasoning packet with the ketchup and 3tbsp cider. Mix until no lumps remain and pour and coat the meat with it. Add a sprinkle of Schwarz Thai 7 Spice and a star anise for extra flavour if you like..
- Cover with the lid and place in the oven the oven or a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. I found that approximately 5 hours on 150 Celsius worked too..
- Baste the meat every 1-1.5 hours to prevent it from drying out and top up with a few more tablespoons of cider..
- Near to the end of the cooking, pour over the BBQ sauce, stir and pull the mean using 2 forks. Increase the oven temperate and return to the oven uncovered to allow the fat to crisp up a little. Prepare the vegetables and bread. I used a Spiralizer for the carrot and courgette. Place in a large bowl and stir in the lemon juice and sesame oil. Sprinkle with some sesame seeds if you like..
- Slice the Brioche buns in half and place the base on a panini press or grill for about 5 mins on each side..
- When ready to serve, spread a little mayo on then base of the buns and top with the pork, cheese and veg. Add a little more BBQ if you like and serve alongside the coleslaw. Enjoy!.