Greek-Style Mussel Pilaf Cooked in a Rice Cooker.
You can cook Greek-Style Mussel Pilaf Cooked in a Rice Cooker using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek-Style Mussel Pilaf Cooked in a Rice Cooker
- It’s of Mussels.
- Prepare of Minced Onion.
- You need of Tomato.
- It’s of White wine.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Italian parsley.
- Prepare of White rice.
- Prepare of The broth from the mussels + water.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Butter.
Greek-Style Mussel Pilaf Cooked in a Rice Cooker instructions
- I bought pre-boiled frozen mussels this time. When you are using fresh ones, soak in salted water to remove sand. Steam-fry with a small amount of white wine..
- Defrost them, and separate the broth and mussels. Set aside a few in the shells for decoration. Remove the shells from the remaining mussels..
- Wash the rice and transfer into a sieve..
- Mince the onion and garlic, and cut the tomatoes into small cubes..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of each butter and olive oil in a frying pan, and add the onion and garlic. Sauté until they become translucent. Add the rice and fry for 2-3 minutes..
- Add the tomatoes, and briefly stir-fry..
- Transfer the rice into a rice cooker. Add the broth, white wine, and place the mussels on top. Sprinkle with Italian parsley, and cook as usual..
- When cooked, mix without the mussels, and serve on a plate. Place the mussels on top, and sprinkle with parsley. Drizzle with lemon juice if you like..