Easy Pork & Salsa Stew. Our favorite recipes—from caramelized chops and slow-braised pork shoulder to spicy enchiladas—are guaranteed to put pork in your dinner. Perfect for baking, grilling, slow cooking, Instant Pot, meal prep, and more. Pork recipes are flavorful choice (assuming your family has no dietary restrictions) that's easy to prepare and a champ when it comes to versatility.
The easiest recipe for tender, juicy pork chops that turn out perfectly every time. What if I told you that I could guarantee perfectly cooked, perfectly tender pork chops, every time? Easy Pork Ramen – With veggies and a runny yolk egg. You can have Easy Pork & Salsa Stew using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Pork & Salsa Stew
- It’s 1.5 pounds of pork shoulder, cut into 1.5" cubes & tossed with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- You need half of a red bell pepper, cut into roughly 1/3" wide slices (see pics).
- Prepare 1 of small onion, cut into roughly 1/3" wide slices (about half a regular sized onion).
- It’s 1 of tomato, cut into eighths.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, peeled and smashed (keeping it easy… 😉 ).
- You need 1/4-1/3 cup of whatever homemade or storebought salsa you've got on hand.
- Prepare 1 cup of unsalted stock (can be chicken, pork, veg, or even water if you don't have stock).
- You need of another 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to add to the stew, depending on how salty the salsa you use. Start with 1/4 teaspoon.
With tips for this fast and easy meal. Donal's pulled pork recipe is perfect for a crowd and easy to make. The pork shoulder braises on the hob and transforms to tender shreds that can be piled into a soft roll. These Easy Baked Pork Chops only require a few spices to really make them stand out.
Easy Pork & Salsa Stew step by step
- Sear the pork in 1 Tablespoon of oil in a preheated medium high heat pot for about 2 minutes per side..
- Add in your onions, garlic, bell pepper, and tomato, and saute for 2 or 3 minutes until the onions begin to turn translucent..
- Add in the 1 cup stock, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and salsa and stir thoroughly to distribute ingredients and seasonings evenly..
- Still on medium high heat, bring the stew to a boil, and once up to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, covered (but with about a 1/2" inch opening on the side), for 20 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times during the process to redistribute everything..
- Uncover the pot and simmer another 15 to 20 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times, and adjusting the salt in the seasoning when you have 10 minutes left to go..
- Enjoy! :).
A good pork chop doesn't require much in the way of seasoning so I've kept things super simple in this recipe. This easy pork chop recipe has the wonderful taste of bistek tagalog — less the beef, and it is simple to the point that a person new to cooking can follow the recipe with ease. When it comes to easy dinners, we tend to reach for a few familiar staples over and over again (ahem, boneless chicken But there's another terrific option for quick, healthy and delicious meals: pork. Jump to the Easy Roasted Pork Tenderloin Recipe or watch our quick recipe video showing you how we make it. Pork tenderloin is lean and has almost no fat.