Creamy Salsa Style Baked Taquitos.
You can cook Creamy Salsa Style Baked Taquitos using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Salsa Style Baked Taquitos
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded chicken (I used chicken cooked in my slow cooker.
- It’s 4 oz. of brick style cream cheese, softened to room temperature.
- You need 1/2 cup of salsa (jarred or homemade).
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of onion, finely diced.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each chili powder, cumin, pepper, garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp. of each cayenne pepper and salt.
- You need of Olive oil, for brushing.
- Prepare of flour tortillas (6 or 8 inch size).
Creamy Salsa Style Baked Taquitos instructions
- You could use corn tortillas rather than flour if you'd prefer. If so, warm them slightly to make them less likely to tear when rolled***.
- Pregeat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking tray with foil and grease it lightly. Set it aside. In a medium bowl, stir the softened cream cheese, salsa and shredded cheese together. Add in the seasonings and taste. Adjust to suit your tastes as needed. Stir in the cooked chicken and onion and stir to incorporate everything..
- Lay out one tortilla at a time and place about 2 tbsp. of chicken mix onto the center, in a line. Repeat until there is no more mix left..
- Tightly roll up the tortilla and place on the baking tray, seam side down. Lightly brush olive oil over the top of the taquitos. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until they begin to brown slightly. Let them cool slightly, then serve..