Grilled "Planked" Salmon with Peach – Mango Salsa. Place cedar plank with salmon on grill. When cedar plank begins to smoke, cover grill. Served this grilled salmon dish with home-made peach-mango salsa, for a delicious dinner.
Everything you've ever wanted from a meal: Smoky salmon with fresh, tangy fruit salsa is the perfect summer meal to make for your next BBQ. For this recipe, we decided to combine mango and strawberries to create a delicious salsa to pair with our Cedar planked salmon. See great recipes for Grilled "Planked" Salmon with Peach – Mango Salsa too! You can cook Grilled "Planked" Salmon with Peach – Mango Salsa using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled "Planked" Salmon with Peach – Mango Salsa
- It’s 2 of cedar planks (purchased in store’s BBQ section).
- It’s of Salsa ….
- You need 12 oz of Salsa, store bought “fresh” (or homemade).
- You need 1 of mango, peeled, center removed, finely diced.
- You need 4 of peaches, peeled, pitted, finely chopped.
- You need 4 of salmon fillets (8-10 oz. each), remove skin.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s Dash of salt, pepper, dried dill, thyme, and tarragon.
- It’s 4 sprigs of rosemary.
- You need 1 of lemon, slices for garnish.
This is a very easy dish to prepare. Using the "cedar plank" method on the grill ensures a very moist piece of salmon fillet. We visited Jim Elser of Sweet Smoke Q to get the low down on one of our favorites fish to fry on a Green Mountain Grill, Salmon. Pan Grilled Salmon with Tomato Salsa – Salu Salo Recipes.
Grilled "Planked" Salmon with Peach – Mango Salsa step by step
- Soak the cedar planks in salted warm water for 2 to 4 hours. Weight the planks to submerge..
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa and mango and peach pieces and mix well. Chill in the refrigerator for later serving instructions..
- Preheat a charcoal fire in the grill, medium – high heat (or use your gas grill)..
- Remove the salmon fillet skins with a filleting knife. Rinse the fillets under water and gently pat dry with a paper towel. Drip olive oil on each side of fillet, spread it evenly, and season with the spices and herbs. Place rosemary sprigs and lemon slices on top..
- Place the soaked planks on the grill grate and close the lid. Heat until the planks begins to smoke (about 4-5 minutes). Turn the planks over to begin cooking..
- Place the fillets, “previous” skin side down on the planks. Close the lid and cook until the fillets are cooked through, 13 to 15 minutes..
- No need to turn the fillets. Be mindful of planks while grilling for edges burning. Fillets are done when you can flake them with a fork or internal temp is ~130˚..
- Carefully transfer the fillets (using a spatula) directly to a platter. Remove planks from the grill using tongs. [Depending on the plank’s condition, they can be used again if properly cleaned].
- Remove the rosemary sprigs and lemon slices from the fillets and discard. Spoon the peach – mango salsa over the fillets and garnish the plate with a lemon slice. Serve with white rice and grilled vegetables for a nice plate appearance..
In this pan grilled salmon dish, the salmon is coated with olive oil and seasoned with seasoning salt. This Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa and Coconut Rice is a restaurant-quality meal that you can make and enjoy in the comfort of. Grilled Salmon With Peppered Soy Glaze. Garlic Salmon With Vegetables In Foil Packets. Sheet Pan Salmon And Asparagus With Potatoes.