Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas.
You can cook Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas using 15 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas
- You need of For The Flour Tortillas.
- Prepare 4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 of tsps baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of shortening.
- Prepare 2 of tsps salt.
- You need of Warm water or milk for kneading.
- You need of For The Meat Fajitas.
- Prepare 2 of Red bell peppers (sliced).
- You need 2 of green bell peppers (sliced).
- Prepare 2 of yellow bell peppers (sliced).
- It’s 2 of large onions (sliced).
- You need 2 of red chillies (chopped).
- Prepare of cilantro or coriander leaves (chopped).
- It’s of Any sauce (hot sauce, guacamole, salad, sour cream, salsa, chopped tomatoes etc).
- You need of Spices (Spice to your own taste).
Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas step by step
- Mix ingredients together, add the warm water or milk and make a soft dough..
- Knead it well..
- Let it rest covered for about 20 minutes, then divide the dough into 16 equal portions..
- Roll each one out as thin as you can..
- Once all are rolled out, heat a nonstick pan and place the tortillas one at a time, cooking each briefly for a few seconds on medium-high heat then turning it to cook the other side until bubbly and slightly golden..
- Don't overcook them as you need them to be soft and pliable, not crisp or hard..
- Keep the ready ones covered in a hotpot or under a towel to keep them soft..
- Serve fresh by rolling some filling in them and serving as fajitas or in whichever way you like..
- Grill the beef strips on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes per side or until slightly charred.
- Once beef strips are done, remove and set aside..
- Keep the meat covered to retain moisture..
- Add the oil in a sauce pan..
- Saute the onions until tender..
- Add the bell pepper strips.
- Sprinkle spices and the chopped red chili..
- Stir-fry over high heat until the bell peppers are tender and start to charr slightly around the edges..
- You can then return the beef strips into the pan and mix them with the peppers, heat everything through until sizzling hot, or serve the two separately..
- Turn off the heat and serve..
- To assemble, lay a warmed tortilla wrap, apply some sauce/salad followed by the filling..
- Roll and serve immediately. Enjoy!.