Almond Sweet Roll.
You can cook Almond Sweet Roll using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Almond Sweet Roll
- You need of Dough.
- You need 120 of ml/g warm milk.
- You need 4 g (1 tsp) of granulated sugar, for yeast.
- Prepare 3 g (1 tsp) of instant yeast.
- It’s 260 g of all-purpose flour.
- You need 50 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 g (1/2 tsp) of table salt.
- Prepare 1 of whole egg, lightly beaten.
- It’s 37 g of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare of Filling.
- Prepare 130 g of almond flour/ground almond.
- It’s 50 g of powdered sugar.
- It’s 0.75 g (1/8 tsp) of table salt.
- It’s 1 of egg white.
- You need 1 of whole egg.
- Prepare 5 ml (1 tsp) of almond extract.
- Prepare of Glazing.
- It’s 70 g of powdered sugar.
- It’s 15 of ml/g (1 tbsp) milk.
- You need 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) of almond extract.
- Prepare of toasted almond slices for topping.
Almond Sweet Roll instructions
- Make the dough: Dilute 1 teaspoon of sugar into the warm milk (about 120°F/49°C). Sprinkle the yeast and let sit for 5 – 10 minutes until it is bubbly. If it is not bubbly, the yeast is no longer active and unfortunately cannot be used..
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Pour the yeast mixture in. Add the egg and mix until it forms a ball..
- Add the melted butter. Mix until it is fully absorbed. Transfer onto a lightly floured surface..
- Knead the dough for 10 – 15 minutes. Once it turns smooth, elastic, and not tacky, round it into a ball..
- Place the dough ball into a medium bowl and coat it with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth or a plastic wrap. Let sit for about 1 hour in a warm area so it can double in size..
- Make the filling: Place flour, sugar, and salt into a food processor. Pulse until roughly combined. Add eggs and almond extract. Thoroughly mix with a few more pulse..
- Shape the dough: Transfer dough onto a work surface. Roll it out in a 11×14 inch (28×36 cm) rectangle. Spread the almond mixture on top..
- From the short edge, roll the dough until the end to form a log..
- With a floured serrated knife, slice the log into 9 even pieces. Wipe clean and re-flour the knife after every cut because the almond filling is rather sticky. Arrange in a lightly greased 8-inch square pan. Cover with a damp cloth or a plastic wrap until it is 1.5x bigger in size for 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on the surrounding warmth..
- Brush the top with milk or heavy cream. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 30 – 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on a cooling rack..
- Make the glazing: simply stir everything to combine. If you find the glazing too runny, use less milk/cream or add more sugar..
- Once cool, remove the bread from its pan. Drizzle the glazing across the top and sprinkle some toasted almonds..