Vegan cabbage roll. These vegan cabbage rolls are stuffed with lentils, grains, and seasonings, and taste similar to Polish golabki. Spoon lentil mixture into softened cabbage leaves and roll tightly. Place stuffed cabbage rolls side by side in a baking dish.
This recipe for Stuffed Vegan Cabbage Rolls was by reader request. Hundreds of you asked for it, so here is my version. My version of Stuffed Vegan Cabbage Rolls. You can cook Vegan cabbage roll using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan cabbage roll
- You need 1 of small cabbage/ half big cabbage.
- It’s 2 spoons of vegan butter/olive oil.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Fillings.
- Prepare 1,5 cup of rice.
- You need 50 gr of frozen mushroom (any kind).
- Prepare 2 slices of bread (without crust).
- Prepare 2 spoons of soy milk.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of dice of vegetable broth (knorr).
- Prepare 2 spoons of olive oil.
- You need of Oregano.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 12 spoons of canned tomato sauce/soup.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/3 glass of cooking white wine.
- It’s 2 spoons of olive oil.
This is my grandma's traditional cabbage roll recipe, but of course veganized! Cabbage rolls, whether vegan or not, are usually served as a main dish with polenta and vegan sour cream (or vegan yogurt), and sometimes garnished with hot pepper, potatoes or bread. Vegan Cabbage Rolls Stuffed with Grilled Eggplant, Mushrooms & Spinach. Enjoy these hearty Vegan Cabbage Rolls in a Rich Tomato Sauce, which have been a staple in my household for as long as I can remember.
Vegan cabbage roll step by step
- Prepare 18 sheets of cabbage leaves. Wash well with running water..
- Boil water and put a pinch of salt. When the water is boiled, put cabbage leaves for 4 minutes and take out from the water..
- Cut bread into small pieces and soften it with 3 spoon of soy milk. Crush and mix well. Cut 1 clove of garlic into small pieces and mix with the bread.
- Boil 1.5 cups of rice with 3 cups of water. Put 1 dice of vegetable broth dice. close with the lid for 10 mins. Tips: quick mix the rice when the dice is melted and close again with the lid..
- After 10 mins, put olive oil, mushrooms, and bread mixture. Add 1 glass of water if it is too much dry. Mix with the rice and close the lid. It will be ready after 5 mins with medium high heat..
- Put the filling into the cabbage leaves. Fill all 18 leaves. Tips: use a toothpick to seal the roll if you find it difficult to close..
- Melt butter on the pan. Once melted, put all cabbage roll on the pan. Close with a lid. Leave for 5-7 minutes with medium heat..
- On another pan, heat olive oil and 1 clove of garlic. Once you smell the garlic, put 12 spoons of tomato sauce/soup and 1/3 glass of white wine. Leave for 10 mins..
- Serve cabbage roll with the tomato sauce and enjoy your vegan cabbage roll!.
These vegan stuffed cabbage rolls are stuffed with a flavorful mixture of sauerkraut, wild rice, veggies, and smothered with a layer of marinara sauce. Vegan Cabbage Rolls Recipe is a special comfort food. Steamed cabbage becomes the perfect holder for a flavorful mushroom, lentils and rice mix. It can be made ahead too. Delicious and satisfying vegan cabbage rolls filled with amaranth, sweet potatoes and lots of spices and seeds.