Ham and asparagus casserole. I took this casserole to a superbowl game and it was a touchdown for sure! That's because most of the prep work (cooking pasta and making View image. Asparagus-and-Ham Casserole. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Or dice a fully cooked ham steak or deli ham for the recipe. Serve this simple casserole with a salad and biscuits for a satisfying family dinner. Oh my, it's like pot pie! You can have Ham and asparagus casserole using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ham and asparagus casserole
- Prepare 1 bunch of green asparagus.
- It’s 1 bunch of green onions.
- It’s 1 cup of mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 can of low fat cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 cup of low fat sour cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded cheddar jack cheese.
- You need 2 cup of cooked ham.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of dried crispy fried onions.
A tender biscuit layer tops a creamy filling of a tasty ham and asparagus duo. MORE+ LESS DIRECTIONS Chop asparagus and ham into bite-size pieces. Combine rice, asparagus and ham in casserole dish. Ham Asparagus Casserole Recipe – fresh asparagus rolled up in ham and baked with a cheesy white sauce in the oven.
Ham and asparagus casserole step by step
- Dice the ham and saute to thoroughly cook. Set aside..
- Wash and rinse asparagus. Cut woody ends off and discard. Cut spears into 2 to 3 inch pieces and set aside..
- In a medium bowl stir the soup, sour cream and water together..
- Cut the roots off the onions and trim the stem tops. Dice the onions and stems and place them in the bowl with the soup..
- Slice the mushrooms and mix with the soup, sour cream and green onions. Set aside..
- Shred cheese into a separate bowl and set aside..
- Measure the commercial crispy fried onions and set aside..
- Assemble the casserole. Use 1/2 the ingredients – from bottom to top layer: asparagus > soup mixture > ham > cheese > fried onions..
- Repeat step 8 to build next tier except don't add final fried onion layer..
- Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350°F..
- Add the rest of the fried onions and bake uncovered 5 minutes. Turn off oven and let casserole stand 15 minutes in cooling oven to set..
This casserole dish is a French comfort. In a large bowl, combine asparagus mixture, peas, ham, soups, sour cream, milk, and salt. Add cooked pasta, tossing gently to combine. Celebrate spring with my mum's French ham asparagus casserole recipe. Fresh Asparagus are rolled up in ham and cooked in a casserole dish with a creamy cheesy bechamel sauce.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green For Better Health One of the best points of green living is to slow down and enjoy life. This is achievable no matter how filled and frenzied your life is. We should take a step back and fight diseases before they occur. Regrettably, majority of people don’t worry about their health as they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. Everywhere you look, you read about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. Naturally, several of these pills can help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. Unlike the car buying process, you cannot trade in your worn out body for a new one. You mustn’t delay or it will be too late to look after your health. Your body needs the right nutrients to operate at its optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are eating is healthy for you? Do you regularly eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and greasy food that almost all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and several others, possibly caused by the foods that are consumed. Men and women are becoming increasingly conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Nutritious food is now readily available at local grocery and health food stores. In all probability, your local grocery store today has an organic food section. In the organic food section, you’ll be able to find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to slow down certain diseases, or even reverse them. You will observe that you think more clearly when you consume these superfoods. You will start to feel a lot better when you opt to consume the superfoods instead of junk food. By getting the right nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to run. When this happens, the immune system is better able to fight off any health condition. Your daily diet must contain at least several of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Throw in whole grains and nuts. In addition, you may wish to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will help solve your problems with gaining weight. Green living gives you a great diet plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body can potentially ward off diseases. Prepare for a great future by making positive changes to your eating habits now.